Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch
Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch Reviews: 15 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Two position with grounding antenna switch.

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta - 2 Antenna Switch.

KR4JA Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2007 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using it for 12+ yrs, legal limit on low bands, 500W above 20M and I've never had a problem. It works as designed, I lost the "arc gap plug" due to a near-by lightning induced static or voltage discharge (I have the switch connected to a single point ground plate via a 1" tinned braided ground strap). I replaced the plug, and all was fine!.

K5VY Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2007 12:28 Send this review to a friend
GOOD SWITCH  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using four of these switches to go from one rig to another and to switch antennas from one part of my home to another. They all have the arc protection gadget. No problems. I work 160-6 meters with them. SWR's running 1.2:1 up to 3.2:1... I DON'T switch them under a load!! I use antenna tuners 100% of the time. I've yet to have one of these switches arc over. I run 1KW+ some of the time... I'll buy 'em again without hesitation.

VE6XL Rating: 4/5 Apr 16, 2006 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Works Well on VHF/UHF  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the Delta-2 with Type-N connectors. The switch has worked well for over one year.

I use the switch on 2m and 70cm bands. The SWR and signal are unaffected.

I would never rely on an antenna switch to provide any lightning protection so the arc plug does not matter to me.

VE6XL
www.ve6xl.ca

K0SF Rating: 1/5 Aug 27, 2005 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Bad Design: Can't Handle 1 KW on 10 & 15m  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is second AD antenna switch I've owned that has blown. The problem with the gas plug is that it will arc over on 15 and 10 meters running a kilowatt, even with low SWR (1.4:1) in my case. When the plug arcs, it takes other things with it. Fortunately, my amplifier is OK, but it did melt a 9914 coaxial jumper coming from the switch, and of course the gas plug internally. My amplifier: A QRO HF2500DX, which I guess says good things about it, it can handle the near dead short scenario briefly.

Someone claimed these are guaranteed for life ? Huh ? I don't think so ! Go to the website; the warranty is for 6 months only.

Buy another antenna switch. Look at WX0B's stuff which friends of mine claim are indestructible.

I'm not usually critical, but I am not happy that both of the AD switches have blown. Sorry, that qualifies as "junk" in my book.

N2CU Rating: 3/5 Jul 26, 2004 16:26 Send this review to a friend
OK but could be improved  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased one of these to connect my rig to either my remote antenna switch or a dummy load. The construction looks rugged and the quality is good. However, recently I ran into a problem. When the switch is rotated to either end position, the contact strip inside tilts and comes very close to shorting against the case. In may case, it did short. But this was after using it for several years. What changed? I removed the arc-plug suppressor and re-inserted it. I must have tightened the screw slightly more than before and it was just enough to cause the strip to short. The fix is simple though. Just open up the back and cut off the excess strip, beyond the two end contacts, with a pair of tin snips. There's no chance for it to short now.

Fortunately my kW amplifier survived the short.

Tom N2CU <><