Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet SSB-1 Mobile Help

Reviews Summary for Comet SSB-1 Mobile
Comet SSB-1 Mobile Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $42.95
Description: 2m/440 mobile "flex" antenna. 1/4 wave 2m. 1/2 wave 440.
Power Handling 60 watts.
More info: http://www.natcommgroup.com

You can write your own review of the Comet SSB-1 Mobile.

SP3XBS Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2010 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Very very good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Every day I use SBB1 antena with my Yaesu Ft-7800R in my car. On 145MHZ and 439MHZ antena works very well. On the other emergency and police freq. antena is very very good. Works much, much better then Diamond NR-770H. Of course Diamond NR-770H works better on 145 and 430MHz, but emergency freq doesn't work in NR-770H.

Comet SBB1(UC1 or PL239) is the same antena as Nagoya NA-771(SMA). I compared this two antenass on Site Master Anritsu. SWR was the same on
freq beetwen 145 to 440MHZ. Difference is only in max power.

SBB1 is a Very good, flexi antenna.

KM6X Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2009 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Good low-profile antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I park in a garage every night and needed a little antenna that was small and flexible. The SBB-1 fit the bill nicely. It doesn't clear the door opening completely and has to flex every time I enter and exit the garage. This little antenna does not have a lot of gain, but mounted up high on the roof with my 50 watt dual-bander seems to work quite well in the urban and rural areas that I operate. It's well made, and looks stylish. Do note that it can flex a lot but is not indestructible. Recently I was at the airport parking structure and I didn't heed the clearance warning. On my second SBB-1 now and all is well.

W0RER Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have recently installed this on a Prius and it is working extremely well...It is easy to hit virtually all of the repeaters in the Denver/Front Range area with just 5 watts.

I needed something to keep the wife happy and that matched the vehicle and this little attenna does the trick.

It works with a Yaesu FT-7800 very well. Would recommend to anyone.

K9GTJ Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2007 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This has been a great antenna. I needed a low profile antenna to mount on my truck bed side so I can clear the garage. It is behind the cab on the passenger side.

I pair it with an Yaesu FT-8900R as 10 & 6 meters are not very active around here. I can hit 2 meter repeaters with 50 watts that are 35+ miles away with no effort any day or band condition.

It also seems indestructable and I never remove it for the drive thru car wash.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2004 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Good basic antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you're looking for a small, inexpensive, unobstrusive XYL-friendly mobile antenna, this is hard to beat.

Mates perfectly with a Comet RS-9 trunk-lip mount for an easy, 5-minute installation, and hits all the repeaters one could reasonably expect to reach in mobile work.

KC2GOW Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2004 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Low Profile  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is not god's answer to VHF/UHF compact antennas but it does work well. Only a few inches tall, on my larsen magnet mount you have to really be looking hard to see this antenna. 5-10watts out from the mobile radio does the job. I am not working cross country DX, but is a huge improvement over an h-t. Going through some not-so-antenna friendly areas I feel pretty confident leaving it on the vehicle. If you want a discreet VHF/UHF mobile antenna that works and does not cost hundreds of dollars, this is it.