Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Bose QuietComfort 2 Help

Reviews Summary for Bose QuietComfort 2
Bose QuietComfort 2 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $299.00
Description:
More info: http://www.bose.com

You can write your own review of the Bose QuietComfort 2.

VE3IAE Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2010 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Not cheap but nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first tried the QC2 at my station, I expected quite mushy and frequency-flat sound, as most non-communication phones normally provide. To my pleasant surprise the phones appeared to provide excellent articulation in both CW and Phone. The sound is clean and transparent even with an illusion of emphasized mid range. Perhaps it simply means that the phones are really linear and therefore transfer the audio range of the radio with little or no distortion at all.
There is virtually no fatigue after long contest use.
My trusty Heil ProSet is much weaker in both the clear articulation of the communication sound range and the physical fatigue after long use.
The only shortcoming still to mention is a sensivity to RF which actually is pretty logic for active phones. In fact, the own CW manipulation is heard as induced key clicks during transmission.

As others do, I cannot resist to go into an off-topic and add how brilliant the phones are during flights. The set was of a great help for me during several flights all the (long) way from Canada to China and back.

K7AXX Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2009 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Bose Quiet Confort 15  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Bose QC15 are outstanding. The sound quality is second to none. If you want to hear weak signals and spend less time trying to understand conversation as well as the ability to wear headphones for extended periods of time, get these. They are pricey but you won't regret it.

K4BOF Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2009 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Field Day Approved 4 Me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used a pair of the QC2 Quiet Comfort Bose headphones during Field Day 2009. They were purchased by the ARPSC Arlington, VA Club and in opertation with their 20m operating station (a TS-480) located inside a renovated charter bus (ETSU) serving as a mobile communications unit.

The operating environment was very noisy one at times, including an A/C fan overhead, people passing by routinely in cramped quarters, and a door opening and closing behind the position. All I can say about the QC2 headphones is WOW! The headphones most certainly cancelled the noise around me. I could hear some pretty weak stations that I probably could not have heard using HS-5 headphones from Kenwood too.

The QC2s are expensive but worth the extra funds. I have read the reviews about cracking and hardware issues,... your mileage will probably vary here. Bose backs the product with a 30-day return period with 1 year parts and labor. If out of the warranty period, then I believe they will replace the headset for an additional $100. I purchased a Factory Renewed pair from Bose (carried the same return policy and warranty as a new pair) for a much lower price and received a 10% discount as well for the occupation I serve in, so it was financially OK with me.

The QC2s perform extremely well with my iPod too. I was very surprised with the bass response and the noise reduction feature when it was engaged via the push-button on the R-side of the headset. I am pleased thus far and look forward to putting them into further service.

W0MU Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2009 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you travel much on airplanes you need these. They reduce the noise fatigue on planes tremendously.

They work great in the ham shack too. No more fan noise.

They are very comfortable too.

Pricey yes but they work.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2009 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Cool beans!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had mine for a good while now. Easy on batteries. Fantastic on constant noises. Not bad on other background noises, I think just because they have good sound insulation. Great for multi-multi contesting. I really like the fact that you can switch between high and low impedance inputs. Comfortable, light. No RF issues at all. I have never heard of any other noise reduction headphones that are better. When you are not playing radio, they are fantastic for hi fi. Works as great on your HF rig as on your i-pod! One person complained about Bose headphones not having a curly cord. I am glad they don't. I like the thin straight cord much better. A lot of money? Yes. I think they're the best you are going to get. Have had the Heil, Sony and others. I'll take the Bose.
CU on the radio
Bob WC3O

ZS6YI Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2007 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant product!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used my Bose Quite comfort 2 headphones since their introduction in about 2002 on extensive air travel tours. They have been a godsend cutting down on air fatigue, especially on long flights between South Africa and Australia or South Africa and Europe. It is also remarkable to hear what high fidelity sound the average Jumbo Jet is capable of delivering!
They work extremely well in my radio shack with the air conditioner and various other fans running, cutting out the monotone sounds to an almost unperceivable level yet allowing high fidelity audio from the radio to be discerned.
They work especially well in a high level monotone sound environments as one can then immediately experience just how well they cancel out the unwanted drones. I have found that in a very quite environment they do not perform as well and may not be the ideal set of headphones to then use especially if you are a HI-FI enthusiast.

Bottom line they perform fantastically in the audio environment they were designed to work in and far outperform other makes of noise cancelling headphones that I have purchased and used to compare them against.
Gary ZS6YI

WB9JOX Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2007 22:05 Send this review to a friend
best so far  Time owned: more than 12 months
These headphones are just great. I have a number of headphones none better than the Bose believe me.Very comfortable ,Low and high frequency very good and really clear audio. I use them for CW and SSB.

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2007 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned two sets of the Bose NR headphones and nearly one of all of the others which compete with Bose. I do not like the premium price I have paid for the Bose headphones but the audio quality is superior to anything else I own and the NR is fabulous.

I have done a lot of air travel for work and that is where I find the Bose NR feature the best. I sleep on my flights with the Bose headphones and cannot hear the flight attendants talking to me unless I take them off.

They fit over my ear the best of any headphone and I do not have ear fatigue from using them.

They work equally well in the shack with mainly CW reception.

They are worth the investment and have lasted me for many years trouble free.

N5IVZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2005 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice fit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got mine in the mail last week. Really feel nice on the ears. I have two dogs outside and they help bring down the barking during qsos and other noises in the house. Very clear and distinct sound!

Recommend buying them..Nice Christmas present from the XYL!!

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2005 11:29 Send this review to a friend
they work for me..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After trying my son's pair and reading the reviews here I decided to order a set..they certainly knock down the dryer noise and the washing machine noise also the furnace noise I have just 10-15 feet away from the operating location..their is a wall and I can always shut the door, however sometimes I don't and when I put these on those sounds are cut way down almost to nothing...however, and a big however, the xyl can still get me from upstairs as I can hear her call, and that's important hi..I also have a pair of Sony MDR-7506 which I like very much..the Bose are just as comfortable to wear for long periods of time, but the Sony"s don't block out as much background noise..I will give the bose a good try when CQWW CW test comes up in a week or two and let you know how they hold up, batteries are cheap so I am not worried about that end of it and also I knew these were pricey before I purchased them, but heck you get a 30 days trial so A guy can't gripe about that...they are very light weight and work well with my FT-1000D..so lets see how it goes during the contest..