Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Bose QuietComfort 2 Help

Reviews Summary for Bose QuietComfort 2
Bose QuietComfort 2 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $299.00
Description:
More info: http://www.bose.com

You can write your own review of the Bose QuietComfort 2.

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2005 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Love em, with a few exceptions...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As an empoyee of Bose, I picked a pair of these up recently at a reduced price. The previous poster explained their alility correctly. The QC2's work extraodinarily well in cancelling a steady noise be it from jet engines, fan noise, HVAC noise, lawn mower noise, etc. They are not gun muffs. They will not cancel transient noise very well, When my wife yells down to the shack that dinner is ready (talk about transient noise), I can plainly hear her. They are extemely comfortable with large earcups and soft, supple ear pads, which are replaceable down the road. So while you might think I'm biased, I do have a few complaints. First, I almost exhausted it sole AAA battery in the recent CQWWSSB contest. My work issue QC-1's last much longer with the 2 AAA as expected. Second, if the battery goes, there is no pass-thru feature. You're SOL. So keep a spare battery on hand. Finally, because they're a full range headset and not designed for communication, you will encounter ear piercing hetrodynes and low frequency rumbles that might be filtered out by a limited range headset. That said, there is no denying their noise cancelling abilities as well as their extreme comfort. For my environment (fans, dehumidifier, oil burner, clothes dryer) I've found nothing better, and after the rig is shut down, I can use them for music listening too.

K4UE Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2005 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Does as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Henry 3K premier Amp sitting three feet from my operating desk. Love the Amp but the blower noise is LOUD!! I have used the Sony MDR 7506 headset for five or more years. Wonderful headset, but don't help with the blower noise.Have several pieces of Bose equipment and have been satisfied with all purchases from Bose in past. With 30 day return policy, would only be out shipping if wasn't happy with headset.
Have had the Bose Quiet Confort 2 headset a month now. With the Bose headset my blower noise is reduced 90% !!! I sometimes look at power meter to make sure the Amp is still on !
Needless to say I am pleased ! Not sure can hear anything on band with Bose headsets that could not hear on the Sony's and both are very confortable to wear for long periods.
So if you have blowers, fans or a steady noise
in shack, know you will be as happy as I am with the Bose.

KK0K Rating: 1/5 Dec 28, 2004 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Not worth the price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very poor value for the money. I used my set for a few days and returned them. In my case, I found that these headphone did not reduce noise any better than my set of Sony MDR-NC20 headphones, which cost me half as much. Bose thrives on hype rather than performance.

KC5TJG Rating: 1/5 Dec 28, 2004 09:00 Send this review to a friend
Poor performance at a high price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My xyl bought me a pair of Bose QuietComfort 2 headphones for Christmas. We returned them yesterday! There was some slight reduction of bass noise, but virtually no reduction of higher frequencies. These headphones are NOT what they're cracked up to be in the ads (no surprise there, I guess), and aren't worth anywhere NEAR the $299 price tag. I suspect that the rave reviews coming from the other guys is just a manifestation of cognitive dissonance: "I paid through the nose for these things; I can't psychologically afford to admit that I got taken."

WB0BBC Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2004 17:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first saw the Bose QuietComfort 2 headphones at my brother-in-law's home where he uses them to listen to compact discs on his laptop computer. He also uses the headphones while he flys on frequent business trips. I recently purchased a pair based upon his recommendations and my own research.

The stereo headphones are lighweight and comfortable. They offer outstanding audio quality and frequeny response for listening to music, tv, copying CW, or listening on the phone bands in my hamshack. The phones come with adapters and an audio extension cord, making them easy to use for entertainment devices or your ham receiver/transceiver. The noise-cancelling features work very well and I've use the headphones with my 2m/440 handheld and it really helps you to hear the transmissions while blanking the ambient noise from vehicles or other sources.

When you're not hamming, the QuietComfort 2 headphones are great while traveling. You simply unplug the audio cord from the headset and use the headset to cancel out the noise from a boat, aircraft or other sources. I enjoy wearing the headset while reading at the library.

These are costly ($300 US) but worth it if you want quality, comfort and performance.

JA1MGU Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2004 23:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Headphone  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the updated version of the original Bose Quiet Comfort headphone. Unlike the original, the noise cancelling mechanism is built into the headset, so there's not "box" in the middle of the headphone cable.

Pros:

1. The noise-cancelling feature actually works. When you turn it on, it will cancel out just about everything except human voice. Having this on an airplane or in a commuter train really makes you feel like you are somewhere else.

2. The headphone is pretty light, and is easier to store than the original since its lighter, smaller, and the headpieces will turn so that the headset becomes flat.

3. The battery life is excellent. Just one AAA battery lasted four transcontinental flights.

4. Customer Service - My headset had a problem just about a month after I purchased it. I started hearing clicking noises coming from the left earpiece, and then the volume level became unbalanced between the left and the right. I called customer service and they paid the shipping both ways, and got a brand new one in 2 business days!

5. Great Audio Quality

6. Comes with airplane plugs, extension cable, and other accessories.

Cons:

1. No short cable for walkmans and iPods with the remote control.

2. Prone to cell phone interference - when your cell phone or those of someone nearby rings or makes a phone call, you hear buzzing noises on your headphone. I did not have problems using it near any ham radio. (I used it to listen and transmit on a 100watt FT-897D with ATAS-120 and near a transmitting VX-7R and VX-2R.

3. Expensive

Overall, it's a great headphone that I would recommend.