Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-260C 300 Watt Dry Dummy Load, up to 650Mhz Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-260C 300 Watt Dry Dummy Load, up to 650Mhz
MFJ-260C 300 Watt Dry Dummy Load, up to 650Mhz Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $34.95
Description: The MFJ-260C is an air cooled, non-inductive resistor in a perforated metal housing. It has SO-239 connectors. You can handle a full load for 30 seconds. Silk-screened derating curve to 5 minutes. Handles 300 Watts. SWR below 1.1:1 to 30 MHz, 1.5:1 from 30 to 650Mhz. It measures a super compact 2 1/4x2 1/4x7 inches.

Specifications
IMPEDANCE: 50 Ohms, 10 %
VSWR: Max: 1.3:1, 0-650 MHz
POWER: 300 Watts for 30 seconds
DISSIPATION: (2 min cooldown) 25 Watts continuous
DIMENSIONS: 2" x 2" x 7"
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-260C

You can write your own review of the MFJ-260C 300 Watt Dry Dummy Load, up to 650Mhz.

N1ZHE Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2011 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Workmanship?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this mainly to connect to my 2nd unused antenna port just in case I hit the wrong button ... cheap insurance indeed!

My only gripe (an I own a lot of MFJ equipment, all fine) is cosmetic. I worked for years for a company that made cabinets, etc for the computer and telecommunication industry. Made stuff for EMC, Cisco, IBM, etc.

I can tell MFJ painted the cabinet wnen it was still flat, then used press brakes or something similar to bend it. Because they painted it first then bent the cabinet it has less than desirable corners where the bends were made. The paint cracked and no longer fully covers the bend area.

C'mon MFJ, you're really not saving that much money!

KB2VYZ Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2009 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Does its job well  Time owned: more than 12 months
Does what it is supposed to do with no problems. No shack should be without one.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2007 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Fine so far  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is better than having a Cantenna leak, which used to be The Way.

I own three of the MFJ-260C. A ham who has been around much longer has the KW version and says it's been fine for him.

As always, check the soldering, before you buy if possible. Mine were actually fine.

Also, specs are there for a reason. They mean it !

300w for 30 seconds... 25w continuous with a 2 minute cooldown.

Indeed, after 30 seconds at 200w, it's hot because it dissipates the RF as heat.

KG6AF Rating: 1/5 Sep 5, 2007 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Killed by 40 watts  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used to think that even MFJ could build a dummy load, but perhaps I was mistaken. Maybe the "C" version is better, but my model 260 died after about a week of intermittent use with my mighty 40-watt PSK31 transmitter.

Now I'm using the 1000-watt-rated model 262, which I figure should be good for an entire month or so.

VK3HOT Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2006 20:07 Send this review to a friend
good simple product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Simple no - fuss dummy load. Mine has N connector, but as with other reviews here, works like it should and is relatively cost effective. Have used mine up to 440Mhz and 100w on HF no problem.

KG4USN Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2005 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Works great for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as described. I put no more than 100 watts into it. Simple well made product. 73 to all

HR2PAC Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2005 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Good.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I like MFJ stuff and I think that these dummy loads are very well built for the money, if I am not mistaken you can pick this up at HRO for $35.00. Bottom line is a simple 300W dummy load and wont break your wallet. 73's to one and all from HR land.

VA7ACA Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2004 17:43 Send this review to a friend
It works like a dummy load should!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It works very well. I have had mine for several years and it works. I have never run more than 150w to it.