Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | The Man!! Electronics (KA8GSP) Help

Reviews Summary for The Man!! Electronics (KA8GSP)
The Man!! Electronics (KA8GSP) Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50.00 /Hr. + Parts
Description: You have just found "The Place" to get your R.L. Drake radio equipment serviced. Do you have a piece of R.L. Drake equipment which you would like repaired, only to discover that they no longer service your particular unit? I can help you. My name is John R. Kriner and I have been employed by R.L.Drake Company for over 21 years, the majority of that time spent in the Service Department. Having spent many hours on the telephone with amateur radio operators, it is my belief that many of you would like to keep your equipment operational, and I am The Man to do just that. I have a Commercial General Radiotelephone License (formerly 1st Class) with a radar endorsement. I have an active amateur license (KA8GSP). I can also say with certainty that no person alive has repaired more of the TR-7/A transceivers than I have. Although the 7 line is my specialty, I have worked on practically every item Drake has manufactured.
More info: http://siscom.net/~jandsuz/index1.htm

You can write your own review of the The Man!! Electronics (KA8GSP).

K8SQL Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2013 17:42 Send this review to a friend
drake tr-7  Time owned: more than 12 months
john did great job, he is honest and very reasonable. for drake radio john is #1. k8sql

BROOKE Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2006 14:07 Send this review to a friend
"Very Happy Camper"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my Drake SW-8 receiver to John with some display problems, and other minor items needing resolved. The SW-8 came back looking like a new one, and with all the problems addressed and taken care of. John's price was very fair I thought. He kept me informed of the progress, packed it well, and shipped it back to me in a timely manor. I am very pleased with John's work. He truly is "The Man".

KN6OT Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2005 20:43 Send this review to a friend
John is THE MAN!  Time owned: more than 12 months
He just went through my C line... Excellent work and a fair price! If I pick up some more Drake gear down the road, I'll send them his way. 73

AK2A Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2005 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Very positive experiences  Time owned: more than 12 months
John has repaired 2 TR7s and 1 TR5 for me. Rigs all came back like new. His prices are more than fair. You cant go wrong with John

SV9DRU Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2005 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Very competent and fast service  Time owned: months
Had my TR-7 recently repaired and completely updated by John. He is a very conciderate person to deal with, with excellent technical knowledge and fast.
What more can anyone ask for, when sending his/her rig for service ?
I am very pleased.

Marinos, sv9dru / ki4gin

W4IKR Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2005 11:07 Send this review to a friend
He really is "THE DRAKE MAN" for repairs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently sent my TR-7 (ser # 134) to John for repairs and overall checkup. He is courteous, knowledgeable, fast and reasonably priced. Few people, if any, can equal his expertise.

NE2I Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2004 21:48 Send this review to a friend
great work !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Worked on my R4A and was very thorough doing all the
mods and even giving it a good cleaning.
Very satisfied coustomer.

NN0B Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2004 15:30 Send this review to a friend
You Can't Do Better Than This  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Executive Summary is that John is an outstanding Technician, with very broad and deep experience, who charges reasonable prices, and is dedicated to making all his work look and perform in the very best possible way.

He still works for Drake, and nobody knows more about Drake equipment than he does—especially the TR-7 series. He stocks spare parts for repairs and his turnaround time is impressively short.

Finally, he is very considerate of his customers and is a courteous and helpful gentleman in the old-fashioned amateur tradition.

I speak from personal experience as a satisfied customer. You couldn't find anyone better to work on your gear.