Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY EQ Plus Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY EQ Plus
W2IHY EQ Plus Reviews: 135 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $TBD
Description: The processing power of a full-blown audio rack in a single compact, shack-friendly component.
More info: http://w2ihy.com/eqplus.asp

You can write your own review of the W2IHY EQ Plus.

KM3F Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2016 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Once setup you won't operate without it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit puts together the best these systems have to offer for fidelity, speech compression, downward expansion, level control and addition of small amount of time delay enhancement.
The results are clean high average RF power without distortion that sounds way beyond an un processed audio signal.
The secret is to understand what the unit is doing and set levels accordingly.
It is not a plug and play unit without the need for education.
As for microphones, only a good Dynamic with a response down to 50 hertz and out to about 4000 hertz is needed. No expensive wide range mic are needed. Only for the speech band, not entertainment out to 7 to 10k hertz.
There are several dynamic mikes in the $20 range that will sound just as good as the expensive spread.
I'm there and can tell you it works. I've tested 3 different mike to see.
Another tidbit; the compression plays with the receiving ends receiver AGC. The higher average RF power makes my signal stronger on their S meter reading and increases my signal to noise ratio over the average of all the other signals in that time frame.
This plays out everyday by my being heard when many others are not, even in poor propagation conditions caused by the mass eruptions on the sun that have been wrecking 40m band propagation in recent times.
good luck.

W3SCA Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2016 09:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I absolutely love my EQ Plus! I get nothing but great audio reports and always receive compliments on my audio. I run a Heil 781 or PR40 with this unit. I have a rack full of Berhinger audio gear but this one box does just as well. also Julius is a great guy to talk and deal with and he is always willing to help me with questions or cables....

W1BG Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2016 21:21 Send this review to a friend
Pileup Buster  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Operating from within an HOA with a fence-mounted multi-band parallel dipole at 6'8" above ground and only 500 watts - I am regularly busting through 40-meter DX pileups since getting the EQ Plus. There's nothing more I can say... ya gotta get this thing!!!

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2015 14:40 Send this review to a friend
BEST IN CLASS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i could reiterate all the ravs. the eqplus gives me the best audio as confirmed by my net members of the Squirrel Net on 3645. all agree! running an electovoice EV320 . this is on my yaesu FTDX3000. better than any other processors and eq's i have tried, and i have tried plenty. it also gives me PUNCH on DX. really does boost my average peak power on DX . its a keeper. and Julius...what can you say, except the very very best in class..in all ways.
this unit is not leaving my shack.

W1OBJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2015 17:22 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 8 band EQ along with the EQ Plus makes it all work perfectly.
The best part is its all first class equipment....Julius is a master at what he does..... and if you have a problem Julius is there for you...Hey, what more can you ask for, it doesn't get better than that.

NK9N Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous product and service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm now using the EQ Plus and 8 Band Equalizer with a TS-990. While the radio has plenty of internal controls, I find the outboard W2IHY units still give me that extra edge. Julius was able to listen to my XMIT audio over the air and give me fine-tune the settings via phone. Great Product/Great Service!

VK3HPC Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2015 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Audio and Exceptional Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have now had my Eq Plus with 8 Band Equaliser and 2 iPlus for over 2 years and they haven't let me down. Exceptional Audio and Exceptional Service. Julius personally designed my Radio Switching/Routing for my 3 Radios all using 1 mic and it's been fantastic. Even after 2 years a call to Julius is always welcomed and he is quick to help.

WA3LWR Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2014 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Wa3lwr  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great unit and the owner, Julius is unbelievably helpful in setting it up and any problems. So many others have already praised the unit and I fully agree and would also give it a six.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2014 04:35 Send this review to a friend
10++++   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The owner of this company, had 30+ years at IBM, and therefore, knows something about professional service.

There has to be a number 1 in customer service, and no questioned, an absolute fact, W2IHY is this place holder. I have large quantity of various products from Ham manufactures, and W2IHY service is in a total different class not even in the same category.

Besides Julius’s (CEO for W2IHY), integrity, morals, business ethics, he has the formal training on the essence of customer support, which came from his 30+ years at IBM.

The term professional is used way to often, especially in the Ham community, however, this word is reserved for Julius (The CEO for W2IHY).

Yes indeed the product is outstanding, anyone who has ever heard the W2IHY units, (8 Band Equalizer, and EQPlus) knows the product works well. I believe no one would purchase the product unless you heard the Audio on the air. Literally the product speaks for itself. My on the air reports, is (Outstanding Audio), but we all know this to be a fact..

Let me explain what real professional service, in which I received from Julius.

I had a problem with RF Feedback, (Had nothing to do with W2IHY products). I had this problem before purchasing the 8 Band Equalizer, and EQPlus)

The CEO of the company (Julius) had spent without any embellishing, or exaggeration, every day for over 12 days. He would spend time in the morning and again in late afternoon. He would send special cables, capacitors, other MIC’s on a daily basis without charge. For the record he sent 5 different times (Over night delivery) with special products for my RF feedback problem. Let me repeat this.. The RF Feedback had nothing to do with his product, as of a matter of fact while trouble shooting my RF Feedback problem, the W2IHY product was not even in line.

For the record the problem was I had a hail storm here in Dallas several weeks ago, in which two of my antennas got destroyed, and since I had a Christmas Tree set up the antennas started to interact with each other and causing RF feedback..

Solution.. In line Balun, Capacitors across the DC power supply (.0.1uf), a special cable for Heil MIC which grounds the MIC to ground, in line chokes, and a host of others solutions!

Julius…Trouble shot this problem, over the phone…

After the problem was resolved, he then instructed me to put his products in line (8 Band Equalizer and EQPlus)…Julius again, spent another day or two to adjust the audio to my particular voice pattern, and result in perfection of audio.

Julius did not charge me one penny for all his consultancy!

The best customer service I have ever seen in my 38 career in Telecommunications & Satellite communications, and traveling in 69 countries.

Congratulations, Julius, on a fantastic product, and yes, number one customer support I have ever witnessed.

NN2X, Tom Wright

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 08:10 Send this review to a friend
TERRIFC A MUST HAVE  Time owned: more than 12 months
TURNING ON THE COMPRESSOR ON THE EQ PLUS HAS THE SAME EFFECT AS TURNING ON AN AMP.... THIS FEATURE ALONE IS WORTH THE COST OF THE EQ PLUS...AT LEAST 6DB OR MORE ARE THE REPORTS IM GETTING...AN S UNIT ON THE OTHER END USING ONLY A FEW MILLIAMPS FOR POWER!!! ITS EVEN MORE FUN WHEN U DO HAVE AN AMP...IM NOT KIDDING!!! NOT TO FORGET THAT UR AUDIO WILL STAND OUT IN THE PILEUPS ...I PROVE IT EVERY NIGHT ON 20...IM NOT 20 0VER 9 USUALLY BUT MY AUDIO IS CRYSTAL CLEAR AND IT STANDS OUT!!! I CAN COMPETE WITH THE BIG GUNS!!!
PLUS JULIUS IS A GREAT GUY TO DO BUSINESS WITH ...
GOT A QUESTION ... HE GETS BACK TO YOU AND ALWAYS HAS THE ANSWER...IM VERY HAPPY WITH THE EQ PLUS AND HAVE BEEN FOR 9 YEARS...