Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY EQ Plus Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY EQ Plus
W2IHY EQ Plus Reviews: 127 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $TBD
Description: The processing power of a full-blown audio rack in a single compact, shack-friendly component.
More info: http://w2ihy.com/eqplus.asp

You can write your own review of the W2IHY EQ Plus.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2014 04:35 Send this review to a friend
10++++   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The owner of this company, had 30+ years at IBM, and therefore, knows something about professional service.

There has to be a number 1 in customer service, and no questioned, an absolute fact, W2IHY is this place holder. I have large quantity of various products from Ham manufactures, and W2IHY service is in a total different class not even in the same category.

Besides Julius’s (CEO for W2IHY), integrity, morals, business ethics, he has the formal training on the essence of customer support, which came from his 30+ years at IBM.

The term professional is used way to often, especially in the Ham community, however, this word is reserved for Julius (The CEO for W2IHY).

Yes indeed the product is outstanding, anyone who has ever heard the W2IHY units, (8 Band Equalizer, and EQPlus) knows the product works well. I believe no one would purchase the product unless you heard the Audio on the air. Literally the product speaks for itself. My on the air reports, is (Outstanding Audio), but we all know this to be a fact..

Let me explain what real professional service, in which I received from Julius.

I had a problem with RF Feedback, (Had nothing to do with W2IHY products). I had this problem before purchasing the 8 Band Equalizer, and EQPlus)

The CEO of the company (Julius) had spent without any embellishing, or exaggeration, every day for over 12 days. He would spend time in the morning and again in late afternoon. He would send special cables, capacitors, other MIC’s on a daily basis without charge. For the record he sent 5 different times (Over night delivery) with special products for my RF feedback problem. Let me repeat this.. The RF Feedback had nothing to do with his product, as of a matter of fact while trouble shooting my RF Feedback problem, the W2IHY product was not even in line.

For the record the problem was I had a hail storm here in Dallas several weeks ago, in which two of my antennas got destroyed, and since I had a Christmas Tree set up the antennas started to interact with each other and causing RF feedback..

Solution.. In line Balun, Capacitors across the DC power supply (.0.1uf), a special cable for Heil MIC which grounds the MIC to ground, in line chokes, and a host of others solutions!

Julius…Trouble shot this problem, over the phone…

After the problem was resolved, he then instructed me to put his products in line (8 Band Equalizer and EQPlus)…Julius again, spent another day or two to adjust the audio to my particular voice pattern, and result in perfection of audio.

Julius did not charge me one penny for all his consultancy!

The best customer service I have ever seen in my 38 career in Telecommunications & Satellite communications, and traveling in 69 countries.

Congratulations, Julius, on a fantastic product, and yes, number one customer support I have ever witnessed.

NN2X, Tom Wright

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 08:10 Send this review to a friend
TERRIFC A MUST HAVE  Time owned: more than 12 months
TURNING ON THE COMPRESSOR ON THE EQ PLUS HAS THE SAME EFFECT AS TURNING ON AN AMP.... THIS FEATURE ALONE IS WORTH THE COST OF THE EQ PLUS...AT LEAST 6DB OR MORE ARE THE REPORTS IM GETTING...AN S UNIT ON THE OTHER END USING ONLY A FEW MILLIAMPS FOR POWER!!! ITS EVEN MORE FUN WHEN U DO HAVE AN AMP...IM NOT KIDDING!!! NOT TO FORGET THAT UR AUDIO WILL STAND OUT IN THE PILEUPS ...I PROVE IT EVERY NIGHT ON 20...IM NOT 20 0VER 9 USUALLY BUT MY AUDIO IS CRYSTAL CLEAR AND IT STANDS OUT!!! I CAN COMPETE WITH THE BIG GUNS!!!
PLUS JULIUS IS A GREAT GUY TO DO BUSINESS WITH ...
GOT A QUESTION ... HE GETS BACK TO YOU AND ALWAYS HAS THE ANSWER...IM VERY HAPPY WITH THE EQ PLUS AND HAVE BEEN FOR 9 YEARS...

K4NNL Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 06:23 Send this review to a friend
Top Shelve Audio Products  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have the 8 Band Equalizer and EQplus setup in the Philippines and all the ones I talk too know when I have these products in service. I get great audio reports.

I firmly believe it has been the difference in breaking several pileups. I am running 50 to 75 watts normally. Having good antennas and feed lines are very important, but having good audio is very high on the list.

Thanks Julius for the great products and support.

WA3LWR Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2014 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product, Fantastic Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If I could, I would give the product a six. It is an excellent unit, but the service that Julius provides is so superior, it is hard to believe. I called Julius for some guidance and he got on his radio with a spectrum analyzer to help me and spent a half hour doing it. Later he called me to see how it was going and help me get it even closer to perfection.
My problem turned out to be having my new radio's audio, improperly adjusted, but that did not stop Julius from doing far more than anyone would expect.
Service rates a 10.
Bob

KC9WC Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2014 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product and Service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can only repeat what others has already stated. Great product and outstanding service. I had a switch in my EQplus stopped working. I emailed Mr. Jones and I received a reply within hours even though it was the weekend. He informed me to send the unit to his service center in Texas. I sent it as directed and it was returned to me fixed in a very short time. Thanks, Mr. Julius Jones.

MW0CVW Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2014 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Two Months Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
EQ Plus working fantastic with great reports from everyone.

Technical Support from Julius is Amazing,in answering all my question about cable wiring and setting up the unit.

What more can I say :))

PA5COR Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2014 01:18 Send this review to a friend
Still exellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owning the EQplus since November 2006 then for the FT 847 it is now used on the FT 2000-D for the last 2 years.
After 8 years of daily use never had a problem with it, does as advertised and even on the FT 2000-D with all nice internal settings for the microphone equalising the EQplus does a better job here, getting unsollicitated excellent good audio reports.

I'm not into ESSB and have the internal EQ mostly on 2-2800 HZ for my natural low voice to keep the bass a bit out of the audio, no need to sound like a bassy reporter ;)
For local contacts i could go to 1-3000 or 1-4000 even, but i hardly change the settings to there, i see no added benefit personally in that.
Downwards expanding works excellent, compression and limmiting as well, better as the internal FT 2000-D compression, used carefully it enhances the peaks of the audio without overdriving the ALC and adds a punch that lets me cut through QRM with standard 200 watts that normally needed the Heathkit SB-1000 on 400-600 watts to get the same result.
Needless to say the amp is used a lot less now, 200 watts and a few good antenna's does the job here.

Cor

K7UF Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2014 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny  Time owned: more than 12 months
It occurred to me that having owned this for several years now, its time to add my review.

Customer service: In a word, outstanding. I only had one problem, the power switch stuck (mechanical problem). I called and asked if they could just ship me a new switch, and I would fit it. Julius told me that since its mounted on a PCB, changing it might be a bit harder than I thought, so he shipped me a new replacement, and a shipping label to return the old one.

In use: I have a Heil PR40 mic, and use the EQplus between it, and my IC7000, feeding directly into the modulator input and bypassing all the audio processing that Icom think I need. The result is that I get continuous comments about the quality of my audio, and people often refuse to believe that its an IC7000. I use fairly minimal processing, expander is on but effects processors are all off.

I have no problems recommending this to anyone that wants to have audio that doesn't sound like a mouse shouting down a long pipe.

M0BJL Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Quality product, quality service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm not going to write a long, comprehensive report as I would only be repeating what other reviews have stated.
In a nutshell it's a superb piece of kit.

What I would like to mention however is the service that Julius, W2IHY provides. I had one or two questions regarding the setting up of the EQPlus and the 8 Band Equaliser that I also purchased. I emailed Julius and within 5 minutes i received an unannounced telephone call from him offering his assistance. You simply don't get service like that, especially here in the UK anymore.
Thank you Julius, not only for a wonderful product but also for your invaluable service.
A++++ in my book!

MW0CVW Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2014 12:34 Send this review to a friend
W2IHY EQ/IPLUS 5/5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
what a fantastic company.

W2IHY Julius even phoned me direct this Sunday afternoon, local time 19.35 and discussed the problem as per my e-mail request.

Note:Kenwood TS590S was switching very fast between tx/tx via 13 pin acc socket on back of the radio.

The issue was traced to an error i had made on the EQ/IPLUS Wiring
had forgotten to wire the link in on the diagram on the 5-pin din.

All working as normal.

Must Thanks Julius again for his time and fantastic support.

Paul