Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY EQ Plus Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY EQ Plus
W2IHY EQ Plus Reviews: 139 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $TBD
Description: The processing power of a full-blown audio rack in a single compact, shack-friendly component.
More info: http://w2ihy.com/eqplus.asp

You can write your own review of the W2IHY EQ Plus.

M0BJL Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Quality product, quality service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm not going to write a long, comprehensive report as I would only be repeating what other reviews have stated.
In a nutshell it's a superb piece of kit.

What I would like to mention however is the service that Julius, W2IHY provides. I had one or two questions regarding the setting up of the EQPlus and the 8 Band Equaliser that I also purchased. I emailed Julius and within 5 minutes i received an unannounced telephone call from him offering his assistance. You simply don't get service like that, especially here in the UK anymore.
Thank you Julius, not only for a wonderful product but also for your invaluable service.
A++++ in my book!

MW0CVW Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2014 12:34 Send this review to a friend
W2IHY EQ/IPLUS 5/5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
what a fantastic company.

W2IHY Julius even phoned me direct this Sunday afternoon, local time 19.35 and discussed the problem as per my e-mail request.

Note:Kenwood TS590S was switching very fast between tx/tx via 13 pin acc socket on back of the radio.

The issue was traced to an error i had made on the EQ/IPLUS Wiring
had forgotten to wire the link in on the diagram on the 5-pin din.

All working as normal.

Must Thanks Julius again for his time and fantastic support.

Paul

Mw0cvw

WA3LLF Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2014 15:15 Send this review to a friend
EQplus w/ QRP  Time owned: more than 12 months
This machine is the best thing since sliced bread!
I use mine with QRP and the reports are nothing less than remarkable. How about 3 watts from N.E.Pa.to KC4AAA Geographical South pole and a 5/7 report.
I just received another 59 report from St Croix and the Op wouldn't believe that I was running 1 watt.
Great work Julius.
BUY ONE - you'll love it

WA3LLF Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2014 14:00 Send this review to a friend
QRP and EQplus. An awsome combo  Time owned: more than 12 months
This machine is the best thing since sliced bread!
I just received a 59 report from St Croix and the op wouldn't believe that I was running 1 watt.
Great work Julius.
BUY ONE - you'll love it

N4FN Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2013 22:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Unit, Outstanding service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Julius not only produces one fine piece of gear but his service IMO is probably one of the best if not the best in the industry. I had a configuration issue and Julius called me several times and I called him for some on the air testing until he figured out the problem. I can not say anything but great things about his products and his incredible customer service. Others could take lessons from him. The EQ Plus was a great investment.
73 Neil N4FN

KE3VG Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2013 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Best Customer Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using W2IHYís 8-Band Equalizer and EQPlus for more than 6 month now so I have gain enough experience to write this review. So far here are my observations and opinion.
Pros:
- Does make a big difference in the transmit Audio Quality, it does not matter which radio or microphone, or RF power you are using. Per my experience, I have broken so many DX pileups, running vertical antenna, 100 watts of RF and W2IHY gears. I have been told numerous times by the DX stations, they heard me with my S4 or S5 signal, despite the presence of other S9+ signals, because of the audio modulation quality of my signals.This proves that the 8 band Equalizer and EQ plus is making a big difference in how you being heard by DX station. I have DX stations call me to find out what type of equipment I am using, especially audio equipment. Also, it is funny that they call me and ask about their audio quality because they think that I am an audio expert because of my transmit signal audio quality, which I am not.
- It accepts all types of microphones, Dynamic and Cordial, provides phantom power as needed.
- It does support all type of built in microphone plugs from all major brand of Radio available in market
- It provides the sets of options; i.e. Equalizer, Processor, Noise Gate, radio switching, microphone switching, etc. Especially I seat so close to AC in basement, the noise gate is big help to remove all the noise caused by air handler.
- Best of all: Julius Jones, the owner of W2IHY gears, provides the best service in the Amateur radio market, in fact best of any market. I my case, he have assisted me several times to decide on what type of gears I need, what setting needs to be adjusted with different radios and microphones, even assist me on air to adjust my gears for best possible sounding station. I would buy any product from Julius without thinking twice.
Cons:
- 8 band equalizer and EQPlus are not rack mountable. So it does take extra space on desk. Since you adjust it one time and forget it, I would like to have it rack mountable. Being on desk, it is possible to accidentally hit the controls and change happens without your knowledge.
- Same with foot print of the gears, I like to have a smaller foot print equalizer and processor available for my mobile setup. The existing gears are too big in my opinion.
Summary: Overall, I am very happy customer of W2IHY gears; it has a great quality and the best customer service available in market. I have changed several radios and antennas over the years but one thing will always stay in my shack is W2IHY gears.
In case you are wondering what I use, here is my equipment list. Yeasu FT 1000 MP, Ftdx 5000 MP, StepIrís Big IR vertical antenna. W2ITHY 8 band Equalizer + EQPlus, RODE Procaster microphone, HEIL PR-781 Microphone. If you ever need more details on W2IHY gears, please feel free to contact me via email.
I am giving 5 out of 5 to W2IHY product review.

WC3W Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Best Investment I have made in years  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear Fellow Ham Radio Operators-I attended the Orlando Hamfest and bumped into Julius, W2IHY for a very short period of time as we were about to return back to South Florida QTH. As I had made many purchases already, I decided to wait in purchasing the EQplus and 8 band equializer. I own a Yeasu DX-5000 and employ a QRO linear amplifier in my shack. The DX-5000 has some nice audio internals. Howerver, upon returning home, I decided what the heck, I only live once so I ordered both the EQplus and 8 band equalizer. A good friend of mine had mentioned to me in Orlando what a great "reputation" Julius had in supporting his products. Well, I am here to tell you that his support in helping me set this equipment up is probably the best customer service I have experienced my entire ham career which has been many, many years (liscenced in 1960). The documentation was outstanding but even with it, I had a number of questions. I called Julius on the land line, and he walked me through the initial set up. I had some issues on the rear audio input on my DX-5000, and he sent me an audio cable that would allow me to use my newly purchased Heil PA-40 directly into the front plug on the DX-5000. This is the amazing part--after we set it up, he asked me to get on 20 meters and on two separate occasions, with telephone in hand, and rig tuned to 14.170, I tested, he recorded, he analyzed on his Flex 5000, he instructed me to change many settings, he played back my audio (over the telephone), and we iterated until all the setting were perfect for integration of my Heil mike, my voice, my DX-5000! My audio now as reported by local hams is simply amazing and I am sure it will help me in the difficult DX pileups! If you would like to contact me for further details, please do so on QRZ.com and my email address. Again, this is customer service at it's very best--I love the product as well! It is the best investment I have made in a long time! Good DX'ing 73 Mark WC3W

N4JBK Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2013 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Had to have it and I love it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was brand new to he audio game when I spoke with Julius at the Orlando hamfest. He asked about my station and sat me down at his booth, while many others were waiting mind you, and said okay here is what you sound like now and HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL SOUND LIKE AFTER YOU START USING THE EQ PLUS. He was right of course but being new to the audio game I had a problem or 2 that was mostly my fault. Julius walked me through the issues and everything worked even better than expected. It isn't hard to tell that I am a W2IHY fan and always will be.

AB9TX Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2012 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Nice Mic Shaping  Time owned: more than 12 months
Added the EQ Plus a year ago for on the fly mic shaping.
The unsolicited audio report range from great to the "best I have ever heard" - good enough for me.
I had a intermittant after almost a year with the box, the downward expander had some distortion. I mailed it to his tech in Texas, he had problem duplicating the issue.
Julius replaced it with a new one, free.
If you find a better person in ham radio, or anywhere for that matter, let me know.

G0OJG Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic audio with punch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had my EQplus since August 2012 and from day one i have had very good results on the dx side,the EQplus gives me so much presence in pile ups i often get in after one or two calls were as before it was in the hands of the dx-gods.If you read through the reviews about this product you will hear people telling tales of the inverter Julius ringing them up to offer advice on any problems that they may encounter,well i sent Julius a email in the morning UK time"day of this Review"by the afternoon i had received a phone call from Julius and after a ten minute conversation with him he give me instructions on how to resolve my problem and sure enough my problem has now gone oh and it turned out not to be the EQplus.
Thank you Julius for a wonderful product and after service.Next on my list is the 8 band equalizer.