Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | Frankenkeyer Help

Reviews Summary for Frankenkeyer
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$25
Description: KIT: Multi-function board includes an electronic keyer, freq. counter, batt. charge indicator, clock, SWR and PWR out, and four 100 character memories. "Monster" features in a 2" X 2.5" circuit board.
More info: http://www.qsl.net/kd1jv/index.html

You can write your own review of the Frankenkeyer.

N5GLR Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2004 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I assembled this kit in about 2 hours and had a lot of fun doing it. The instructions are clear but, it's hard to go wrong with a silk screened circuit board and a parts layout diagram. Just pay attention to the part numbers and where they go. I am in the process of installing this kit in an old OHR Explorer (40 meter)and it's pretty straight forward but, you need to know how to read/interpret a schematic. So far, I've connected the installed the battery back-up (requires 2 AAA batt.s and holder), keyer sidetone, the batt. voltage, set the clock, and programed a couple of memories. Everything works as advertised. Now, if I can just find a point in my rig that has enough IF signal to program the freq. counter.
I'm happy with my purchase and would by another one.

Garry