Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Mosley RV-7-WARC Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley RV-7-WARC
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $466
Description: Vertical antenna designed for 10,12,15,17,20,30,40 meters and set to accept a RV-8-D 80 meter loading appliance
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosley RV-7-WARC.

NI2S Rating: 0/5 Nov 5, 2011 21:07 Send this review to a friend
Didn't work for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sorry Mosley, but after several years of off-and-on attempts to get this antenna to work as advertised, I gave up.

I purchased the 80m 'trombone' accessory as well for this antenna, and that was the first piece jettisoned in my attempts to get this antenna to resonate. I have tried every configuration under the sun. I have reviewed, disassembled, and re-assembled the antenna many times, I tried with and without radials, and this antenna will not resonate in the ham bands.

Could it be the operator? Well I suppose that's possible, but I bought a competitor's multiband vertical recently, and it worked great on first try.

A wasted $600. Very disappointed.

K4XV Rating: 2/5 Aug 5, 2004 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Not as advertised !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna late last year. It has yet to perform as advertised. The Mosley Antenna company is not the same as it was when I was licensed in 1957. I purchased this unit because of my association with Mosley products for almost half a century. I am deeply disappointed in the product and the support. Despite several phone calls and emails with Gary at Mosley I still do not have an antenna this is usable on all the bands advertised. Had I the opportunity to do this over again I would have purchased a STEPPIR vertical. I would have been dollars ahead. The total cost for the vertical and the 80 meter loading section was $650+ Shipping. I was charged for the entire purchase ahead of time (2 months). I paid for second day air but got US Postal service instead. When querried Gary responded "I had to send someone to Saint Louis to mail it". So I guess I paid for his time because I never received a refund for the difference of US Mail and Second Day Air.

I have no axe to grind other than the utter disappointment in the product. It still will not tune 80 meters and the resonance on every band is outside the band. On 40mtrs it comes close to the CW portion of the band but is still showing it is too long.

I am waiting for my piggy bank to recover and it will be replaced by a SteppIR. A product that the management stands behind.

My advice stay clear of Mosley and look somewhere else.

I will be glad to respond to any questions honestly and forthright.

Tom K4XV Amateur Extra since 1962