Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Motorola Maxtrac Trunking Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola Maxtrac Trunking
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 800/900 MHz Radio

You can write your own review of the Motorola Maxtrac Trunking.

YEPSURE Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2004 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio on 900!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
David, could you contact me regarding help converting the 900 MHz Maxtrac for amateur use? Specifically, I need to know how to enter amateur freqs using my licensed RSS.

I love this radio and it works great on 900 MHz. I have the 30-watt version, which I recommend for any amateur operation. I have found the lower power models lack what's neccessary to hit local repeaters.

The Maxtrac series mobile's are fantastic for amateur use, and they're cheap enough nowadays for anyone to own. I'm in the process of buying the UHF version for use on 70 cm. These radio's are high-quality transceivers that work extremely well. Although no longer made, there are lots of them for sale on online auctions.

I recommend the Motorola Maxtrac for low-band, VHF, UHF & 900 MHz amateur operation. However, if your going to purchase one I recommend the high-power version no matter which band you desire.

N1OFJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2004 13:33 Send this review to a friend
converted to 902 band  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have converted several 900 mhz trunking radios to conventional use on the 902 band. A rugged, robust radio that takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Be advised that these radios only do narrowband (2.5 kc). Not a faint of heart conversion for most, but if you have the correct tools, a foolproof way to go.