Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | KLM 220-7 Help

Reviews Summary for KLM 220-7
KLM 220-7 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 7 element KLM 220-225MHz yagi antenna with three driven elements

You can write your own review of the KLM 220-7.

K7VO Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2004 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Durable old antenna, decent performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a used KLM 220-7 from a ham out on the coast. He'd had it up for years using it for 222MHz SSB, horizontally polarized. Despite that environment the antenna was still in good shape when I got it a few months ago. This was one solidly built antenna.

The design of this antenna is pretty unusual. It has four driven elements out of the seven total elements.

Performance is what you would expect from a small beam on 222 or maybe slightly better. The 220-7 is at the top of my mast at about 40' and is now mounted vertically since I only have FM capability on that band. I live on fairly high ground (elevation of 372', which is pretty good in my county) and I had fairly high expectations. Those expectations were met. There are 10 repeaters within 80 miles of my home and I can now hit nine of them. Simplex with similarly equipped stations 35-50 miles away is no problem.

I paid all of $20 for the antenna. If you find one for a nice price on the used market and you are looking for a small 222 beam you can't go wrong with this one. BTW, M2 sells an updated version of this antenna, the 220-7EZ, if you're looking for something similar that's new.