Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Hakko 472D Help

Reviews Summary for Hakko 472D
Hakko 472D Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$599.00
Description: Hakko Digital Desoldering Station, Built-In Vaccum
More info: http://www.hmcelectronics.com/cgi-bin/scripts/product/0460-0626/

You can write your own review of the Hakko 472D.

W2HLD Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2015 11:09 Send this review to a friend
A great investment!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased a Hakko 472D-01 with the de-soldering pencil. Should have bought this a long time ago... If you do a lot of rework, or referb of radio equipment, this is a tool you should not be without. The unit works like a champ and has a very strong pump to assure the solder "pick up" is clean. I've tried it on transistors, resistors, caps and IC's with great success. I changed the tip to a larger opening and use it on vintage radios to remove components from tube sockets and terminal strips. Saves me many hours of trying to get the components out using conventional wicking wire, and manual suction tools. This device is not cheap, but if you do a lot of work in this area, it's a good investment.

SOLDERINGGEEK Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2004 23:44 Send this review to a friend
Powerful and easy to use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been waving the flag for Hakko lately, ever since I stumbled upon them back at the begginning of the year and I was stunned by this find. I was looking for a heavy duty rework unit that had a pencil stlyle hand piece. This unit has a really powerful vacuum (24hg) and is very easy to use. The design is simple, the unit is compact but still feels robust.

I had to call the the vendor I got it from to get additional filters and such but the unit shipped with enough to get me started. Replacement tips were about $11.00 but rarely do you have to replace those

SolderingGeek
(just learning to be a De-SolderingGeek)