Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Maha MH-C204W MiMh Universal Charger Help

Reviews Summary for Maha MH-C204W MiMh Universal Charger
Maha MH-C204W MiMh Universal Charger Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A small universal voltage charger for NiCds

You can write your own review of the Maha MH-C204W MiMh Universal Charger.

SV1BDO Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2007 04:44 Send this review to a friend
Top operating performance, best value for money.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this one as a general purpose charger and I have not get disappointed. It's much better than any other quick charger that I had in the past. Most of quick chargers like this over- or under-charge cells, but MAHA claims that this model performs a 98% charging and this seems to be true, as it managed to charge very well my 2950mAh cells. It has recovered also a pair of almost "dead" Ni-MH cells. Temperature during charging and re-conditioning does not become very high as stated from another reviewer. MAHA does not recommend charging just 2 cells less than 2000 mAh. If you follow the printed instructions, you will not disappointed. If you have an average usage of Ni-MH cells, (i.e. digital camera, HT) this charger is one of the best that you can find.
KF6IIU Rating: 0/5 Dec 17, 2004 20:29 Send this review to a friend
You will toast your batteries with this one  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I retract my previous review. If this charger has a temperature cutoff it's not working - it heats my 1800 mah NiMH AA cells hot enough to burn my hand. According to (very good site!) max temp for a NiMH is about 113 deg F, not only damage but charge capacity is highly reduced at temperatures above that.

Don't buy these cheap Maha chargers - they will fry your cells!