Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Code Mite Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex Code Mite
Vibroplex Code Mite Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: The Vibroplex Code Mite is a miniature straight key that fits in the palm of your hand. The engraved plastic base is only 1.5 by 3 inches. Weight is 2.6 ounces.
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Code Mite.

KC9LCS Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2010 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Key to Learn CW  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is really great key for someone like me who is trying to learn code and does not want to spend a fortune on a fancy key until I am confident I will know CW. I really like the size and it is easy to adjust.

AB7KT Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2010 05:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought one of these at Dayton. It was so cute I couldn't resist.
Was really surprised when I got home and started playing with it.
It has a very nice feel to it straight out of the box. Very positive keying. I also like the feel of the knob. Seems so far like a very nice key regardless of size.
At this point I think it is going to get a lot of use at the home station. I prefer a paddle for portable use.

Mine is #795

KI6ATB Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2008 17:26 Send this review to a friend
New to CW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As a very successful QRP operator on phone for the past year, I decided it was time to try CW. I wanted a nice little key that would match my Yaesu FT-817ND for field use while alpine climbing. I decided on a straight key and than set out to find one that would be small and light. The Code Mite fit the bill. Adjustment is easy, and the key has a solid feel. While Im not exactly a barn burner when it comes to code, this key makes it easy for me to make my 7-10 WPM clean and properly formed. Now I just need to make that first CW QSO ;-)

KF4YYD Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2007 19:02 Send this review to a friend
cool little key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been searching for an affordable key to start out with. The problem is nobody manufactures a good entry level key these days. However, I was able to locate on of these keys (sn#522) and after trying it out at the store decided this one does indeed fit the bill. It has a solid feel to it and stays right where you put it. I figured out quickly that by just using my index finger I could scoot along pretty well and the code sounded great.

If you are looking for a cool small sized inexpensive key, but don't want a toy look no further than the vibroplex code mite

Tom kf4yyd

AB0XE Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2006 03:07 Send this review to a friend
A KEEPER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this key for portable QRP use.
I am so happy with it that I have been using it
as my main key, normally I use a Kent paddle or a Nye straight key, but this little guy is superb.
You can set it on a flat service and speed on
and it does not move. It feels very solid, not mushy.
It is very nice to look at also, I am very happy with this purchase and would buy one again

NS6Y_ Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2006 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Very solid, not a toy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It looks like a toy, but it's a very solid, good-feeling key! If you have bear paws for hands you'll probably not like it, but for a lot of people this should be a very good key for portable, backpack, etc operations. Since it's best to start out with a streight key, this is a good one for a first key if you have smaller sized hands. If you have large hands, better to go with a full-sized key. But this is not the toy it appears to be, it's a very solid key!

I did make one "mod", I drilled an extra hole through it at the back side, so I could use a zip-tie to secure the cable, for a cable I used a piece of RG-174. A shielded cable is often important, and small diameter coax like RG-174 works great. But it will not last long if not strain-relieved, and this is one of the ways of doing it.

K2JN Rating: 4/5 Aug 17, 2004 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Cute mini..  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A nice and simple miniature key to add to the collection. The feel is not bad either. It has four adhesive rubber feet to keep the tiny thing from moving about on the desktop when in use. It comes with an instruction sheet and small allen wrench for adjustment. The plastic base is engraved with the Vibroplex logo and a unique serial number. Iíve got number 139.