Reviews Categories | Microphones for ham radio | Electro Voice 622L Help

Reviews Summary for Electro Voice 622L
Electro Voice 622L Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$$$ ??
Description: Same specifications as the 621L Dynamic Microphone.

You can write your own review of the Electro Voice 622L.

KC0GSB Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2010 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Good Microphone for VOX  Time owned: more than 12 months
The EV-622L microphone sounds fine and has plenty of drive. The only drawback is the small PTT switch that I wish was larger. So, I set it up to do VOX and it works very well that way. It is sturdy and looks great. A little short, but that's OK. I give it a 5 for sound and a 4 because of the switch, and since there is no 4.5, it gets a 4 from me. However, it is good enough to be a primary station mic. It should be a good buy used as it is well made. I was lucky and found a buy-it-now for $50 on EBay, and got a new one unopened in the box. I don't think EV makes them anymore.
N5XTR Rating: 4/5 Sep 18, 2008 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Good Desk Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this microphone connected to my Henry Tempo One HF transceiver. Good audio reports received with this old tube rig. Cleaner audio than the D-104 I have owned for years. I like the triangular design of the neck and the base as well as the big red bar as a ptt. Also the noise cancelling element keeps the background noise off the air such as fans, children, XYL's, etc.. Wish I had another for my 875d.

stats from the manual are:

Element - dynamic
Freq. Response - 125 - 5,000 Hz
Polar Pattern - Cardioid, noise cancelling
Impedance - 150 Ohms
Output level - -57dB (0dB = 1mW/10dynes/cm2)
Case Material - Pressure-cast zinc and Cycolac
Finish - Blue/Black
Dimensions - H: 246.1 mm / 9.69 in.
W: 114.3 mm / 4.5 in.
D: 122.2 mm / 4.81 in.
Net Weight - 822g / 1lb, 13 oz
Switch - Leaf, DPDT, switches external circuit and shorts or opens mike in "off" position
Cable - 2.13 m / 7 ft, 5-conductor, 2 shielded, vinyl jacket, black