Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil Proline PR-20 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Proline PR-20
Heil Proline PR-20 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$169 USD
Description: 40 ~ 18000 Hz Frequencie respond Cardiod Type MIC
Replacement Of the Goldlinepro.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Proline PR-20.

M0IKQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2005 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Superb ...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Plugged straight into a Kenwood TS-870, it delivers.
Sorry Julius but the 8 band is for sale.

Settings, Menu A (Ragchew)

Menu 29: 3000
Menu 30: 100
Menu 31: H

Settings, Menu B (DX)

Menu 29: 2600
Menu 30: 400
Menu 31: H

Highly recommended, big thumbs up.
Thanks Bob.

W4TME Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2005 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Mine is great too.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the PR-20 and I have used it connected directly to my 756 Pro II using both the mic and ACC1 inputs and it works great. I did add a cap to the mic cable to knock out some RFI. I found that the Pro II did not have enough range in the TX EQ to make me happy, so I am using the W2IHY EqPlus with the 8-Band EQ. This combination ROCKS!!! I get unsolicated audio reports of "great", "really full sounding" and "nice audio" all the time.

Like K7JQ said, you have to make sure you do not over drive the rig or use too much compression. It does take a little while to set it up.

Also, If Bob suggested installing a resistor, then I'd dust off the soldering iron and put one in. Remember one size doesn't all. Nothing is truly plug and play. This is a technical hobby.

-Tim

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2005 05:05 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
In response to the last review, I use a Goldline Pro (now the PR-20)with a '746PRO and a 756PROIII and it is strictly plug and play, with unsolicited glowing, natural audio reports...no outboard equipment. I put their foam windscreen on it to reduce any possible breath noise. Make sure to keep the mic gain within normal ALC limits and watch the level of compression, if used. On both radios, bass and treble can be adjusted for natural voice characteristics.

KF8RX Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2005 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Great mic but it's not for everyone  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I love this mic. This is the Goldline Pro with a silver windscreen. I run it through an W2IHY Eight Band Equalizer and newly acquired EQ Plus.

Even though I am using an unmodified FT-1000D with a 2.4 bandpass, I get Hi-Fi audio reports.

The only caveat is that the mic has a very flat response. This is what you want with an outboard audio chain. I feel just running it into the rig may not give you the result you want. At the very least the highs will need a boost if you can do that with your radio.

Eric