Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | EMTECH ZM-2 ATU Help

Reviews Summary for EMTECH ZM-2 ATU
EMTECH ZM-2 ATU Reviews: 70 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $65
Description: Complete kit, all parts furnished
More info: http://emtech.steadynet.com/zmdesc.htm

You can write your own review of the EMTECH ZM-2 ATU.

PY1ZB Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2017 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Make antenna really match  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use ZM2 in the field, having the more diverse and random kings of antennas, and always can find a good match and useful SWR.

It made miracles using longwires at difficult bands like 80m, turning possible QSOs with very low power (QRP).

I really recommend, so I'm buying my second unit.

K7DXT Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Good Piece of Kit for QRP  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the EMTECH ZM-2 used about three years ago, but didn't get around to using it much. Last year, I purchased a new Elecraft KX2, but did not order the auto tuner with it. The Emtech works great with the Elecraft, and have been using it in the field with an end fed antenna without any issues. Good little tuner.

PY1ZB Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Job done  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It was easy to build and use.

I made lots of contacts using this tuner, even trying smaller antenna size for what was recommended for minimum band size, it worked well.

I recommend.

ZL2OZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2016 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Portable ATU  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered and assembled Emtech's ZM-2 about 8 years ago. I wanted a lightweight compact QRP ATU to go with my FT817 and this has certainly filled the bill! I am often in the bush and mountains doing work for NZ's Department of Conservation and needed reliable comms. I have used long wires, split dipoles and single band dipoles with this ATU. It needs careful turning because sometimes the null point is so sharp you can miss it. The LED idea works great. More recently I've been using a doublet to great effect with QRP QSOs around the World.

VK5GI Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2016 17:46 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok, it looks crap, for what it is it seems expensive, BUT - IT WORKS. A wet noodle up a tree, dim the led bingo! You are "tuned" up and ready to go. I've aquired three of them over the years and use them all the time for portable ops. Power limit is 15 watts, so it doesn't replace your you-beaut MFJ, but it isn't intended to. It is small and easily packed into your GO bag. I recommend the ZM-2 very highly.

G3UXB Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2015 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Very nice, old school  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very impressed with my new tuner,I purchased the pre built unit build quality was excellent, my only critique on that is the paper dial plate, rather cheesy but the tuner works fantastic very fast tune ups, I am using it with a new Xiegu X108G (review coming up) and after you have tuned for maximum receive signal one shout in the mic and you can tune it to minimum SWR on the X108G meter in a second I don't even use the excellent LED tuning device incorporated in the meter. If you are looking for a non automatic but just as fast tuner for QRP you will not go wrong with this unit

K0OG Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, Easy to Use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the BNC version of the kit in last Saturday's mail, so spent some time Saturday afternoon building it. I found the instructions accurate, and the kit was easy to build - a fun project. It took about 5 hours total to build, but I went slowly and took some breaks. What is most impressive is that the tuner worked on the first try, and I found it easier and quicker to tune than the MFJ-971 QRP tuner I was using. I've used it to make many SSB and digital contacts the last few days, and it seems that I'm getting better results than with the MFJ tuner, which surprises me. I also noticed that received signal strength seems better than with the MFJ tuner. I wonder if the ZM-2 Z-match design is mor efficient than the T-match design. From a theoretical perspective, I would not think so, but my results are impressive. My station consists of a Yaesu FT-817nd, the ZM-2 into a G5RV inverted-V with the apex at about 35 feet. I highly recommend this tuner for QRP operations. The price is right, it is much smaller and lighter than my MFJ-971 tuner, and performance is excellent.

By the way, the assembly/operator manual can be found on-line at:

-Joe-
K0OG

WX4O Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2014 21:19 Send this review to a friend
Very Good for QRP  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought factory made one. Excellent small, light tuner.
Used it a couple years ago for QRP Field Day.

AB1AW Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2014 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Handy, versatile little tuner.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned three of these over the past ten years. Each time I sold one I later regretted it and bought a new one. First two I had were kits, the third I purchased pre-assembled. Either way is a great deal.

High quality and versatile. I've used them with all sorts of wire antennas, doublets, dipoles, etc., 160m thru 6m (yes, it tunes six meters quite nicely into an end-fed long-wire antenna).

If you are a minimalist QRP operator (like me), this tuner is for you.

W5HEH Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2014 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Low Power light weight tuner   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Does a very good job , small and light for portable and Backpacking . I also purchased it with pre-wound toroids cause my thick Hillbilly hands would have trouble , hihi. Went together well , watched youtubes and photos on website to assist.
Well Done Emtech !