Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | VGA T-1/T-1A (Belarus) Help

Reviews Summary for VGA T-1/T-1A (Belarus)
VGA T-1/T-1A  (Belarus) Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $110
Description: Single Lever Paddles
More info: http://www.mtechnologies.com/vgakeys/

You can write your own review of the VGA T-1/T-1A (Belarus).

NI0C Rating: 3/5 Aug 19, 2004 16:07 Send this review to a friend
Looks aren't everything  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although purported to be the "best single lever paddle in production," I've used better single lever keys, including the trusty Vibroplex Vibrokeyer.

I purchased my unit from another ham who told me he just couldn't get it adjusted to his liking. After several weeks of experience, I have to agree with him. The key looks great, and the base is heavy and stays put better than my dual lever Brown Brothers key. However, adjustments of contact spacings and spring tensions are exasperatingly interactive and finicky. In order to send properly with this key, I ended up using a much wider contact spacing than I wanted.

I couldn't find a model number or any other marking on the key. I suspect mine is an early version of the T-1A model, based on the placement of the springs and contacts. However it came with the unshielded cable characteristic of the earlier T-1 model.

I'll keep it as a collector piece; however it has cured me of the desire to go back to a single lever paddle.