Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Pyramid PSV-200 Help

Reviews Summary for Pyramid PSV-200
Pyramid PSV-200 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 2.2/5 MSRP: $100
Description: Great switching power supply that I matched up with my Icom 706Mark2. 20amps continuous. Great big, lighted switch up front with connections made in back. If you need 20amps, can't beat this for the price.

You can write your own review of the Pyramid PSV-200.

W6GF Rating: 1/5 Feb 21, 2014 09:13 Send this review to a friend
RF HASH   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Terrible HF hash. Almost not useable

VE7IG Rating: 0/5 Jan 27, 2009 04:47 Send this review to a friend
a noise generator  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This piece of junk generates hash all over the HF bands. Avoid it like the plague.

W9PXZ Rating: 2/5 Jun 4, 2007 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Good for VHF/UHF Bad for HF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A great supply if you only want to use it with your VHF/UHF radio, but throws out a lot of hash on HF.

I kept wondering why I couldn't hear anything but buzzing on HF, so just for fun, I moved the antenna cable over to my ICOM IC-R75 and tuned in WWV on 10.0 MHz. Nothing but noise. Turned off the supply and WWV started booming in.

I give it a 5 for VHF/UHF use, and a 1 for HF. Shopping for a linear supply to replace it.

KB7UXE Rating: 3/5 Oct 8, 2005 01:06 Send this review to a friend
well, ok.. i guess.........  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to say, i'm disappointed.
It is a well constructed power supply, BUT, on 75-80m it has the RF noise. not bad,
just enough to trash a weak signal qso. ( as it did tonight)
I wasn't sure if it was ambiant noise, so I switched the supply off.
instantly the noise was gone. ( switching supplies will usually power the rig for several seconds after the power is switched off untill the caps drain. )
So, the only answer is it has to be the supply. The noise seems to move around the band, and if it decides to hang around where your qso is, well, your qso is over.
So, I connected my RS supply, problem solved. so I dunno. it seems to be a good power supply if your operating at vhf and up.
( or maybe the higher hf bands, I only operate 3.696Mhz)
But at this frequency, it's hit or miss. So I can't honestly give it bad review, but I can't say it a Great review, only good.
BTW I bought mine online for $54.50 + shipping. ($67)from http://www.buyreliant.com/
So if your need a "great" VHF and up power supply, this is a very good one.

However if you need one for our hf, well, I dunno. Kinda iffy. I was disappointed.

Radios I tried it with, DX-77. DX-70, IC-718, IC-737. all four same results....

KC8MXZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2004 21:28 Send this review to a friend
Does it's job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
See "description" above. As a note, it has caused me zero noise interference.