Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Hi-Q Remotelly Tunable 10-160 Meter Portable antenna, TAD Help

Reviews Summary for Hi-Q Remotelly Tunable 10-160 Meter Portable antenna, TAD
Hi-Q Remotelly Tunable 10-160 Meter Portable antenna, TAD Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $495.00 and UP.
Description: NEW from Hi-Q-Antennas TAD (Tune-A-Dipole) Hf Portable antenna series.Continuoly tunable 10-80 or 10-160 M. Ham and Military versions!Legal limit +!
Use it on the TriPod, attic, balcony, on top of your tower, suspend it from a tree!
Get SERIOUS! Stop fooling around with RF DISSIPATORS, Radiate that signal with the Hi-Q-TAD antennas.
Rotatable and has Front and REAR lobes with minute side lobes.
Products are manufactured to Military std.
Consists of TWO Hi-Q HF Mobile antennas with a std Ham or Military COUPLER Box.
Use ONE of them as your std. HF High performance HF Mobile antenna!
Either MT or RT versions ( Manually Tunable or Motorized for Remotely tuning). The Hi-Q-5/2.4-30 MHZ version is used by our military at remote locations.

Hi-2.5/80 MT and RT
Hi-Q-3/80 MT and RT
Hi-Q-4/80 MT and RT
Hi-Q-5/80 MT and RT
Hi-Q-5/160 MT and RT and the Military version Hi-Q-2.4-30
See it on the Hi-Q website:
Charlie Gyenes, W6HIQ, HA5CMG and VE7BOC

You can write your own review of the Hi-Q Remotelly Tunable 10-160 Meter Portable antenna, TAD.

JF1QBV Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2016 02:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have long enjoyed using a masterwork of the hi-Q 5/80R since 2007, and the new Hi-Q Piranha 5/80R with EB-6 (Optional cap. hat) too from my condo near Yokohama bay. This antenna does work much more than expected, smoothly tuned from 80 up to 6 meters band with no help of ant. tuner, successfully communicated with the worldwide, including the U.S., Europe, and South America, receiving 59 reports on SSB (with my FTDX9000D 200w output). This antenna is very well built with robust connections between each component, meeting with NASA project. Above all, Mr. Charles Gyenes, hi-Q founder, has been always helpful and quick responsiveness to my technical questionnaires.
Thank you very much again, Charlie !
W8JN Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2012 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have done business with Charlie in the past and have found him to be incredible with customer service. He has turned the Ham portion of his business to Woody. Woody is Charlies equal and will spend as much time on the phone with you as needed to solve your issues. I own a 5/160 TAD. As it stands it cost me about $1400. You can buy other brands for far less, but keep in mind the old expression "You don't get what you don't pay for. It is just amazing. I am running full legal limit and it is just coasting along with phenomenal signal reports and incredible receive over my expensive vertical. PAY THE EXTRA $$$$ you will never regret it. You will feel like you didn't have an antenna prior to using Woody' and Charlies antenna.
TERRY_PERRY_EX_W3VR Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2009 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Well built.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I normally don't make an equipment review so soon. Just got my 5/160 T.A.D. from Charlie Gyenes W6HIQ. From over 35 years in aviation, I appreciate solid construction. This is one of the finest made antenna systems of this type I've seen. Aerospace grade materials, and craftsmanship. Gorgeous, gorgeous construction. Stunningly beautiful. I can't emphasize how happy I am to find the exception to all the cheap cobbled together junk there is out there. I won't mention any names. The HI-Q far exceeds them all. If you want cheap, go buy cheap, but don't complain when they break. The 5/160 T.A.D. antenna system is rated to full legal limit power. When you are ready for the best, and don't mind making the monetary commitment, buy HI-Q. Charlie stands behind his products 100%.

The best.

VK3FY Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2004 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Great for Portable & Field Days  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was impressed with this little beauty. It functioned as it should, it worked as it should and 5-9 reports into VK3, VK2 and VK5 from California on 75m. Yes 75m. I can say with honesty that Charlie has come up with an antenna for the space concious minded ham who needs to put up a good signal with little room for big antennas at his QTH. This is also a very nice portable antenna for those that do field day. Keep'em coming Charlie.