Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Icom F3GS Help

Reviews Summary for Icom F3GS
Icom F3GS Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$365
Description: VHF 100 channel, 136-174 MHz.. Type accepted for use outside 2 meters. Many options available.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/land_mobile/portablevhf/icf3gmain.asp#f3gs

You can write your own review of the Icom F3GS.

KC0LLX Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2009 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Solid and inexpensive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I settled on the F3GS as the standard radio for the volunteer search and rescue team I was managing communications for. It is inexpensive enough ($230 for a complete setup) that members can purchase their own radios, but absolutely capable and rugged enough to survive in the field. Easy, modern programming software. Clones between radios in the field using a standard headphone patch cable.

KG4BVD Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2004 02:42 Send this review to a friend
A Great Radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just ordered 6 of these for the Search and Rescue Unit which I am Communications Commander for. I truly love the units because they are now available in the 100 channel, alpha display with windows programming and tunning software as well. They will do the job! They also have great reception without sacrificing precious front-end problems with intermod and are great combining my ARES channels with my public safety freqs as well.
So now I have a radio that is lightweight, combines 2 meters with the 150 MHz to 160 MHz PW band, and has a nice remote mic with tx indicating led.
They also program using the Standard Icom OPC-478 PC to Radio programming cable.
One unit has alredy fallen into the Perdido River, Pensacola, FL and is still working after cleaning and drying off, and still performs as the day I charged then programmed it!
Hats off to Icom on this one. It has 3 times the channels and more features than the Kenwoods we ordered for over $400 a year ago. And I got these with antennas, beltclips, batteries, and chargers from econ2way.com for $300 even each.
Not a bad deal at all. 2 and 5 tone signalling option cards, inversion, rolling encryption boards and others available, as well as adapters to BNC for using mobile or base, or to drive an amp.
CTCSS/DCS encode decode, standard. Try one, you will not regret it!