Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | FVMASTER Help

Reviews Summary for FVMASTER
FVMASTER Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $ 30 inc P&P WORLDWIDE
Description: FVMaster, a radio and a computer is the easy and modern way to operate: BPSK31, QPSK31, PSK63, PSK125, MFSK8, MFSK16, MT63, THROB, Feld Hellschriber, PSK Hellschriber, FM Hellschriber, Duplo Hellschriber, Concurrent MT Hellschriber, Sequential MT Hellschriber, SSTV, FAX, WEFAX, RTTY, AMTOR/SITOR, ASCII, PACTOR, G-TOR, HF and VHF PACKET, APRS, CW, SSB Contest Voice Keying, FSK31, WSJT FSK441, WSJT JT44, CW High Speed Meteor Scatter, NAVTEX, Q15X25 and others. Fully Isolated with true CW keying via serial port.
More info: http://www.scotham.net

You can write your own review of the FVMASTER.

BERNIE Rating: 1/5 Nov 16, 2006 05:52 Send this review to a friend
OVERPRICED PLASTIC BOX  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very much overpriced for such a simple interface in a plastic box. I too got loads of "hash" making it impossible to copy all but the strongest of stations. Have now tried everything to make it perform better. Regretably I have to give it a score of just 1.

M0GER Rating: 1/5 Jun 10, 2006 00:56 Send this review to a friend
noisy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these (usb to serial) wired for an FT-980.
It didn't work, because two wires had to be swapped first! The computer keeps on freezing, the cable is not properly shielded and the interface injects a lot of noise into the rig.
Others in the club had the same problem. Absolute rubbish as far as I am concerned. Others might charge more, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

G7VOT Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2005 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic bit of kit  Time owned: more than 12 months
What can I say that the 1st review doesn't cover? Errr, nothing.

These are fantastic. I bought mine with two sets of cables for two radios, an FT-990 and IC-706.

I have ran SSTV, RTTY, CW, WEFAX and PSK31 and all worked amazingly well.

I now have to make some adjustments to the 706 cable because I no longer have the 706, I now have a 746 in it's place.

These are fantastic and every bit as good as intefaces that are a lot more expensive.

G0HCI Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2004 10:45 Send this review to a friend
BARGAIN!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK - It is a small box with standard 9pin D connectors at both ends (good idea) - one for interface cable to rig - other for pc com port (for PTT). The audio & cw key cables are hardwired, so you wont have a problem there :-)
Fully isolated and excellent support!

I have a cable to my TS-870S ACC2 and have been operating PSK, RTTY, SSTV etc
Only thing to mention here, is I have had problems with non-Kenwood 13p DIN - ie they do not fit ACC2! Problem is easily solved with no soldering - slide back the plastic shield, carefully remove the metal shroud and replace with the Kenwood metal shell (which is probably still in its plastic bag - as supplied with rig)
Now slide plastic back over and it now slides in easily! WHY 'copy' DINs have thicker metal I do not know??

TRUE CW keying (as opposed to soundcard SSB mode cw) is easy - In your choice of suitable software eg MixW... set PTT to DTR and CW to RTS.
Now you have your cw filters running

Jurij is top class and responds to emails quickly

I dont know how long he can put the FVMASTER out at this price, so get one now!

One happy Ham :-)