Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | XX Towers Help

Reviews Summary for XX Towers
XX Towers Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tower and antenna system installation, amateur and commercial.
More info: http://www.xxtowers.com

You can write your own review of the XX Towers.

N1BNC Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 00:25 Send this review to a friend
Professional people.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt has been to my installation a couple of times now and has done a great job at every turn. His advice is solid and when he and Andy show up, they work hard and fast not wasting any time. Although he is pricey(insurance can be a killer), you are getting your money's worth. There is no leaning on a shovel with a cup of coffee. What helps is the great communication followed by prep on the customer's part. His truck is well equipped to handle the "I forgot" that could stop the work day.

K1HC Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2011 08:09 Send this review to a friend
New Tower Installation Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I seem to have been the last poster here back in September regarding work on my old Rohn 25G tower, but Matt and Andrew just finished installing a new Rohn 45G tower (June 2011) and they did an exceptional job. They even helped fix my 17 meter yagi when I discovered at the last minute that the SWR was way off. Matt extended the driven element in quick order so we could get it up and going quickly. He also checked the SWR on the other two yagis as well before installation. I'm very pleased, and I strongly recommend XX Towers.

K1TC Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2010 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent job and a pleasure to work with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed cable replacement on a US Towers HDX-555 and called Matt. After discussion it was agreed that he could fly over here faster and more cheaply than driving and he and Andrew could do the job in less than 3 hours on site.

He called one afternoon and asked if he could come over the next day. He confirmed his departure the next morning and arrived at the airport on time and as promised along with Andrew and all the tools for the job.

Two and a half hours after on-site arrival, he finished. Not only was the cable replaced, but the tower was trued to vertical, a few loose nuts re-tightened, and the Steppir element boots inspected and found okay. Instructions were given regarding proper maintenance of the tower.

From airport arrival at 10AM to departure at 2PM with a cooler of fresh lobsters in tow, all went smoothly and with real professionalism. What more can one ask?

WV1K Rating: 0/5 Jun 12, 2010 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Dishonest  Time owned: more than 12 months
In 2004 we had a tower erected by Matt. He refused to stay over, he refused to stay in (any) motel we offered to him. He would arrive and say that he needed to leave by 3 PM every day of many, many trips here where I was charged for travel. He charged by the hour to travel back and forth to NH from Cape Cod. He quoted $2,000 for a 35 foot bracketed Rohn tower when he was told another NH installer had given a written estimate of $5,000 (also complete) for 60 feet of guyed Rohn. Matt said it would be cheaper by the hour and amassed a total of $11,000 dollars from us. He made us go in and get the check book every time he got in his truck. Did he think a Phi Beta Kappa, maimed man, and his family were going anywhere ? Typical MO of the dishonest. They think everyone else is worse than them. He told me that the Rohn tower sections that he sold us were new and had been used at his booth at Dayton; six years later the gray paint he applied to cover the yellow paint beneath is peeling off. He also sold me an M2 vertical antenna that shouldn't have been sold to me as it was WX0B's design. M2 has abandoned me, and it as he took the base for another job and despite confronting him at W1AW in front of Joe Carcia, he denied knowledge. Then how did the M2 vertical end up in my shed addressed to him ? I certainly hope eham will let the other side of the story stand. He took advantage of this half dead 28 year old with cardiomyopathy (and more) who was nearly a heart transplant candidate. Maybe he thought we were going to be paying with checks every time the doctors drove off too. Maybe you have to be the doctor, not the patient, to get honesty. If you ask "why didn't you cut it short with him ?", what was I going to do ?

WA2OAX Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2010 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Most proficient and professional antenna installation group  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt and his assistant Andrew are clearly the most proficient and professional antenna installation group I have used.

Although hourly rates are slightly higher, prices are ultimately far cheaper than others because work is completed so efficiently. For example, my most recent antenna project--a full size 160 meter vertical and 2 580 foot beverages--was completed in just under 3 days.

Matt has never charged more than the initial estimate.

Difficult mechanical installations and repairs are handled with ease. Matt's recommendations for towers, antennas and hardware have been on the mark every time.

I recommend XX Towers without any reservation.

A full description of the antennas Matt and Andrew have installed for me is posted on qrz.com.

Ira Lipton,MD WA2OAX

K1FE Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2009 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding work, knowledgeable and reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used XX Towers (Matt) several times over the past 10 years and every time he delivers a quality installation.

Matt knows his work, knows ham radio and can do pretty much anything you want from a simple tower to a massive rotating stacked array.

He and Andrew have a great attitude and work seamlessly as a team.

Let Matt know what you want to do, or ask his advice and rest assured you will get a great setup.

W1EBM Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2008 15:05 Send this review to a friend
An expert - who cares about your success  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For 50 years of hamming, I've used wire antennas; never had a tower or a beam. To get ready for my approaching retirement, and have lots of fun on the bands, I hooked-up with Matt of XX Towers.

He was very helpful in identifying the choices for the antenna and the tower. I selected the M2 8-element Log Periodic covering 40 thru 10 M, the M2 Orion rotor, and a 70-ft. 55G tower.

Matt identified the area in my woods that would be an ideal site for the tower. So after I dropped several large trees and cleared the area, Matt put in the concrete pads for the tower, put up the tower, built & installed the Log Periodic, and fed it with 350-ft of 1/2" heliax.

My rig is an ICOM-756 Pro3 running 100W.

The antenna has been up for a week. I easily work into Europe in the afternoon on 40CW, and put very strong signals into Asia, Europe, Africa & South America on 30, 20, and 17 meters. Almost always get true signal reports of 599 and 59, and many SSB stations tell me "you're the strongest USA station"; "your signal is 40 dB over S9..."

Heard and worked rare DX stations in Seychelles, Nigeria, Senegal, Cyprus, Chad, Djibouti, Easter Island, Greenland, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malta, Montenegro, usually on the first call, busting thru huge pile-ups.

This is one terrific antenna installation. And its geometric design is beautiful to look at up on the tower.

I'm glad I did business with Matt, and recommend him to all other hams who are planning a tower and beam antenna installation.

K4RV Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2008 16:05 Send this review to a friend
For my next big tower, I'm calling XX Towers again.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Five years ago Matt and Company (XX Towers) did a great job installing my 4 stack of long boom yagis on a 180 foot rotating tower. By great job I mean that all is still working perfectly.

The experience was great as Matt designed and built exactly what I asked for. Matt and Company were easy to get along with and explained what they were doing as they went along. Although not part of the sale, Matt personally helped me select a climbing belt and taught me how to use it. I can climb my tower. I have since added 3 more yagis by myself. Not bad for an old man of 62!!!

I might personally take on the installation of a small tower, but when I get ready for another big tower I would not hesitate to call XX Towers again.

Tom K4RV

W3UA Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2005 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Super!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Matt and his assistants really know what they are doing, and do a great job. All aspects of the job, from planning to the the final tweaking, done with the highest level of professionalism. He builds superantennas for himself (try to beat KC1XX scores ;) ), and will do it for you. They can build a top notch M/M contest station, or just a couple of towers for a rugged individual like myself. If you a lucky neighbor (my place is less than 30 miles from KC1XX) -- the choice is a no-brainer. But even if you are far away -- due to the highest quality work, you may save $$$ in the long run if you hire Matt. But be preapred to wait -- his work is in a great demand.

WA1SCI Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2004 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Two Thumbs up!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Matt put a 90' guyed tower up with a Large Log periodic for me this year. He is easy to work with and knows what he is doing. I highly recommend XX Towers.