Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Win-Test contest logging software Help

Reviews Summary for Win-Test contest logging software
Win-Test contest logging software Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $45.00 EU
Description: Not only another contest software : A real tool to win !
Win-Test is the new contest software written by Olivier F5MZN, the author of Editest (a reference in French contests logging software, now deprecated), and of DXNet, an Open Source DX Cluster system. All major international and many other contests are supported. Its DOS-style QSO window navigation capability in this GUI application will ease your job during the pile-ups !
More info: http://www.win-test.com

You can write your own review of the Win-Test contest logging software.

K4EC Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2007 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Contest Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I operate at the NR4M contest station in Orange County Virginia. We are in the process of putting a multi-multi on the air from a new location with 68 acres. Previously we had limited capabilities for antennas.

The team had used NA as the logging program for a number of years, but the serial port problem was just that - a problem.

We operated for a few years using Writelog and that program worked well, except we had continual network issues. Last year we tried N1MM Logger and it worked fairly well, but we still experienced network problems and it was not as easy to setup for each contest.

To get ready for the 2007 ARRL DX CW, we obtained Win-Test, setup the ethernet network with 5 PCs all running WIn-Test and let it run for 2 weeks. Not a burp, no problems, it worked well.

So we decided to run Win-test for the contest. What a joy to work a 48 hour contest with 5 PCs running simultaneously with a DX cluster telnet connection and not have any problems.

Finally, because the program uses the same primary keys as CT, the learning curve for the ops was minimal.

Only down side is that it does not have the templates for all of the contests that Writelog has.

Highly recommended to the single op, the SO2R, or the big multi-multi station.

Frank, K4EC

N1TX Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2007 22:15 Send this review to a friend
Deserves to be with you in the winner's circle!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Six months ago I migrated to Win-Test after many years of CT and later TRLog. It is a true powerhouse and a superb fit for any contest station, single or multi. This is in large part due to its customizable features. Win-Test is not a PC resource hog and will gallop comfortably on an old Pentium box. Minimum requirements are P166 and 32 MB RAM running any 32-bit Windows O/S.

Those users familiar with the other contesting software mentioned above will find a familiar feel to Win-Test. Learning curve is very short for SO and SO2R. Four contests and 2400 contacts later, the KL2R contest gang are still in love with Win-Test. We can't wait to try multi-multi with it.

SP8HPW Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2006 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Great programme  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it for more than 12 months. The most short evaluation is as follows:

Contest features: Very good.
Interface: User Friendly and easy
Support: Excellent
Payment: very convenient
Features: covers all contests I am interested in
Export-import: very good.

I used some other programmes before I bought Win-Test (including paid and free ones). However this programme meets my all expectations. I really enjoy this programme.

Jerzy, SP8HPW

N9ZM Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2006 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been contesting as a little pistol for about 15 years now. I have always used CT and been very happy with it. While in the contest section of eHam one nigh I saw the Win-Test web site listed. Not having anything else to do I thought I would have a look. Time well spent!! I played with the program for a couple hours and loved it so I bought it. Two hours later I used it in the CQWPX contest. The program and I never skipped a beat. If you have used CT you will find that the windows and commands are very similar. Win-Test has many more features. I use a dual monitor set-up and wow the information at hand incredible.

9K2HN Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2006 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Great software & support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using this software since Nov 2005 and i really liked it very much, I use it for my daily CW operation and for all my contests need, I running it now in three PC's and never had a major problem with it. the good thing about it that it is getting bigger and more feature being added to it from time to time. they are saying in V3 it will support digital contests also. I recommend this for every contest station looking for a real software.

DG6MCX Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2005 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Even for beginners - simply!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought it on the german HAM Radio 2005 (HAM Fest). Read no handbook and worked this saturday/sunday the IARU HF World Championship.

Great piece of software!

73, Gerhard DG6MCX

KI9A Rating: 4/5 May 22, 2005 09:04 Send this review to a friend
nice, but...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just downloaded the trial version, looks great! But, with out being able to use it for the ARRL Sweepstakes, I can't use it. Maybe in the future!

73-Chuck KI9A

W8JY Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2005 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Exceeds expectations!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used CT in contests for years and have been totally satisfied. Now that I am using Win-test, I realize what I have been missing. This program has many available windows that provide useful information and will help add to the contest scores.
The radio interfaced band window shows packet cluster spots and makes QSYing a matter of a clicking your mouse. In fact, although I have always operated unassisted, I will enter the next contest in the assisted category in order to use this really neat feature!
This is a very stable program that is intuitive to use. It provides the look of CT for the logging plus a lot of other desirable features. This has to be the biggest bargain in software that a contester can find.

S51TA Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2005 09:54 Send this review to a friend
1ST IMPLEMENTED SO2R SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was dedicated to N6TR. But since the time and technology is going forward I was looking a so2r windows program which would really have two radio support and would not have uselles crap in some windows. I can say I have seen and worked with almost all popular windows contest software but none is like WIN-TEST.
I like it because ;
- it runs very fast on small laptop (and desktop) computers
- it is simple to use it, really just plug and play
- it has the best so2r feautures on the market and they are what I have been looking for a long time and have spend many long hours to get additional com ports to DOS like programs with laptop!
- It does not have any useless craps or windows, it only have what a serious contester really need during the contest.
And so on.

I downloaded a free demo version from win test homepage and buy it after playing with program for 3 hours. I said I have to have it!

Just great that we Europeans have such good programers!

Thank you for a great program!

Ted, s51ta

TK5EP Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2005 03:09 Send this review to a friend
Win-test a contest winner !  Time owned: more than 12 months
WIN-TEST, a WINdows TEST software but also a conTEST WINner !!

As the advertising says, "not only another Windows contest software" ! It's in fact a real new tool for contest winners !
Made by top contesters who are also top programmers, Win-Test is written in C++, so it's very fast even on small computers, unlike several other similar software. Laptops used for contests and portable operation are welcome !

It has a lot of nice features and clever designed functions which can't be found on other softwares.
It has everything you need, with no rings and bells which are making software difficult to setup and to use.
The SO2R functions are very innovating and are making live easier for this difficult "game" !
WT supports all hardwares for packet and radio interfacing as well as all major contests on HF also on VHF.

Try it and you will love it ! It's a bargain for the price !
Win-test is my favorite contest logging tool on HF and VHF and i can only recommend it.