Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Reimesch-ALPIN100 Help

Output Circuit: Pi-L Network with matching Capability – VSWR up to 1:3
(15-160 Ohms)
Output impedance: 50 Ohm unbalanced
Input circuit: Broadband with VSWR less than 1.3:1
Driving power: 60 Watts (typical)
Harmonics: 1.8-29.7 MHz > 50dB / 50-54 MHz > 60dB
Intermodulation distortion: > 35dB
RF gain: 12.5-13dB
Primary power: 120,200,210,220,230 & 240VAC – 50/60Hz
Tube: Single 4CX800A (GU74B) forced air
Dimensions: (W x D x H) 430mm x 383mm x 190mm
Weight: 25 kg
More info: http://www.reimesch.de/alpin_en.html

You can write your own review of the Reimesch-ALPIN100.

DK5RM Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2010 02:10 Send this review to a friend
SUPERB AMPLIFIER  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned this Alpin 100 MKIII for nearly 1 year now and all I can say is: what a great piece of equipment! Operation is extremely simple and straight forward. Installing the power xformer is simple and takes about 1/2 an hour. Workmanship and quality are excellent. 50-60 Watts from my Icom 7700 drives the amp to 1K to 1.3KW with ease. Tuning is easy and smooth on all bands. The 4-line LCD display, cooling system and the vacuum relay are better than those seen in comparable amplifiers. The fault protection circuitry is very advanced and works extremely well.
Christian Reimesch the CEO of the German representative is a very responsive and supportive guy. Their service is perfectly, they give you all support you need. They even modified my amplifier (at no cost for me), so that the blower speed is now reduced during receiving periods. A very nice feature, which makes this amp run very quietly, but can be switched for contests or modes with high duty cycles. I HIGHLY recommend this amp and if you are thinking of getting one just go ahead and you won't be disappointed.

F4EGA Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2008 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This amplifier is a very fine piece of equipment and he's build with very high quality components.
Tuning on each band is easy even with antenna's with poor SWR.
The ALPIN 100 show lot's of info's and i like the protectiontrips if something is going wrong.
The GU74B is a very good valve, outputpower is 1-1,2 Kw with 70 watts input.
I used it on contests and he's perfect, no problems.
Noise.....what noise ??? This amp is very quiet.
When you see the ALPIN 100 inside .... you can see the quality.
The looks of the ALPIN 100 is beautiful, the possibilities and technique processed in this amplifier was for me the reason to buy this amp.

DG3XA Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2007 05:12 Send this review to a friend
sehr gut  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
sehr schöne PA, einfach zu bedienen.
Habe aber die Löcher für den Lufteintritt auf der Rückseite auf 7mm aufgebohrt und die Ruhestromschaltung verändert.
Jetzt wird die PA nicht mehr so warm und die erste Sprachsilbe ist sauber.

DF3UM Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2006 05:16 Send this review to a friend
ALPIN100 works GREAT !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am owning the ALPIN100 since 3 month now.
I was considering buying the ACOM HF1000 but then
got aware that there is the Reimesch Alpin 100
on the market.

The Display and the information provided by the Alpin 100 convinced me in buying the Alpin100
at the end.

The amplifier:

The Alpin 100 is a solid and rugged and reliable
PA providing about 1100 - 1200 W PEP output
on 160 - 20 Meter , 1KW on 15 - 6 m.

The drivepower required is about 65 - 75 Watts
for maximum output on the bands. The higher drive-power is required on the higher Bands
15 - 6m.

I have done a lot of QSO's on several bands and the device works great!!!

I also had a flakey coaxial cable to the antenna and the PA warned me about this issue and switched to bypass to avoid damage to the PA.

I am driving the Alpin100 with an ICOM IC7000
and with the ICOM IC7800 as well without any problems.

So if you are looking for a great and rugged and
reliable PA go for this PA, you will not regret your decision !

The PowerSupply of the ALPIN 100 is a bit more stronger compared to the PS of the ACOM HF1000
(about 300 watts).

What I like as well is the dust filter at the backend of the PA where the air is going into
the PA for cooling purposes.
There is a dust-filter there which easyly
can be removed for cleaning. I don't know
any other PA which is providing this.

The GU74B used by the amplifier is a cheap
priced tube which easily can be replaced.

If you need further info please let me know:

df3um@darc.de

I will feel happy on providing any information or
answering your questions.

73 de Frank

DF3UM

LA7IJA Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2005 06:09 Send this review to a friend
power 2 U  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After been owner of both Acom 1000 and Alpin 100, the conclution is clear. to operate with high power for much of time, like contest, this Alpin 100 handle the heat much better, and give you at least 200 watt more. Even with bigger fan, it don't make more noice. Tuning and use are almost the same. Difference in price is peanuts. you only buy one.

DG2KO Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2005 04:23 Send this review to a friend
Really Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi OMs,
here is my experiance with the Alpin 100. First: I'm not "related" with Reimesch, I'm only a convinced customer and I'm a real owner of the amplifier not a "Talker about ...".

The Amplifier is really easy to use and very well build. The construction is reliable and not only the display is much better than on other comparable Amplifiers - for example Acom 1000.
If you compare these both Amplifiers right you will come to the conclusion that there is a real competitor on the market.

When I picked "my" Amplifier at the Headquarter of Reimesch up, the CIO showed me "my" Alpin 100 (opened)and explained me the Amplifier internals. Then we put the amplifier in operation and I was totally convinced that this is the right amp for me.

This is great local Service and real competence - not a marketing telephone hotline:
Service and support by an experienced team in Germany, Christian (DL2KCK) and Jürgen (DH7JW)
and its only 35km away from my QTH.

And - for the final - its cheaper than comparable Amplifiers here in Germany.

Will be updated !

vy73' Klaus dg2ko

DG1FHA Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2005 04:40 Send this review to a friend
The best you can get !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Its a 5 PLUS!
After almost 4 month i have to agree with all the other OWNERS. Can't fault this amp at all, construction and finish is excellent. Operation is excellent. Signal quality is excellent. This amp is SUPERB.
Very easy tuning and output well over 1000 watts. Wonderful amp. It is very sophisticated, silent and transparent.

The Alpin 100 is not just an amp , well build,very good protected and a baby can work with this thing.
The Alpin 100 can show lot's of info's and I like the protection trips if something is going wrong.
This amp is almost idiotproof and that's specially for me a very fine reason to keep the amp for the rest of my life.
A good amp requires a good tube and the 4CX800 is a great tube.
The 4CX800 (GU74B) is a very good valve, cheap when you're looking to amp's with 3-500Z valves in it.
Output power is 1,2 Kw with 62 watts input.

Nice TX indication... and a good looking LCD Display easy to read and much bigger as in the Accom 1000.
When you see the Alpin 100 inside .... you see Quality. ( http://www.franz-hegener.de )
The CEO Mr Reimesch will do a very good job in service. I had a small problem on a bank holiday and I get a call back from the CEO at the same day with a solution of the problem. Well done!! 5 Plus for the service.

Buy it, you will not find a better amp. I get out 1.2kW. Great unit. 5++++