Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces Help

Reviews Summary for G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces
G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces Reviews: 51 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $25.00
Description: Inexpensive CAT interfaces for Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood rigs.
More info: http://g4zlp.ham-radio.ch/

You can write your own review of the G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces.

KC9ORD Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2008 18:07 Send this review to a friend
The one minute solution!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered it because I didn't want to buy the expensive Icom CT-17 interface. It arrive at my Northern IL QTH from England 5 days after I ordered it. I pluged one end into my Icom PROIII the other into my computer's serial port and, in less than a minute, Ham Radio Deluxe was talking to my rig. (Don't forget to tun on DTS & DTR.) I wish more produts were this easy to aquire and install. Truely, a no brainer.

KG6UTS Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2008 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: more than 12 months
My set up is:FT-857D,ZLP cat-data interface,Ham Radio Deluxe, MFJ 949E tuner and Dell laptop. It all fits in a pair of padded bags. Service was fast and flawless as was help when I realized I'd ordered the wrong cable. ZLP's interface works just great with my radio and has done a lot of traveling with no problems at all. Its a highly dependable unit.
73!
EdZ KG6UTS

W5TMP Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2007 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Look NO MORE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered my cable off ebay for my 857d and received it very quickly. I already had HRD installed on my laptop from my Icom746pro, so I plugged in the cable and fired up the program and blammo its up and running. I've since ordered a 2nd cable for my parents 897d. GREAT JOB on the quality and excellent support!

BERNIE Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2007 01:53 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT - WORKS WITH MY LAPTOP ! and with all my civ equipment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Ad says that its designed to work with ALL laptops. AND YES, It works with ALL 3 of the laptops I have access to. Not a single problem. Many of the following reviews also use it with a wide range of laptops without a problem. I would agree with the other reviewers and suspect that the M3 novice licensee below, maybe did'nt set things up correctly? Anyhow, its also the only one I have found that also functions with my Amp and StepIR... AND its available at the BEST price I have ever come across.

M3SVO Rating: 3/5 Jul 21, 2007 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Will it work with your laptop???  Time owned: months
I bought a ZLP ci-v interface to control my
Icom IC-7000 with my laptop. But becuase my laptop did not provide enough power from the serial port it did not work. The interface is well made and ZLP are very helpful, but in the end I bought a USB type. My new PC (like most) has only USB ports, serial ports are out dated so I suggest you buy a USB type unless you have an old computer (if your serial port will power it)

KB0LPI Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2007 13:25 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Plugged the serial cable into the back of my Latitude D600, other end into the 718, Fired up HRD and works great. Great price and very reasonable shipping costs from across the pond.

Don't be fooled by cheaper products that want to bend you over on the shipping!

VU2XMN Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2007 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Wrks with Dell Inspiron, Great Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Your search for the "IDEAL " interface ends here.

Bought it new on e bay , reached Mumbai, India in 5 days.

Neil was very helpful with my queries about the connections and ports.

Make sure to set the parameters correct(COM port, DTR,baud rate) and there you go.

Worked with DELL INSPIRON running Win XP Pro ,HRD and IC 718 with absolutely no trouble.

Excellent after sales support from Neil.

As one of the previous review suggests, DONT THINK ... JUST BUY IT ( if you need one ...)

Thanks Neil for a Good Product.
Jith
VU2XMN

K5ED Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2007 15:49 Send this review to a friend
CW/RigCtrl Works fine with Vista  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered CAT/CW keying cable Sunday on ebay, it was in my mailbox on Friday. Connected it to 746PRO rig ctrl and key ports and to serial/USB adapter (Rosewill RCW601 purchased from Newegg for $10). Plugged adapter into Dell PC and let Vista look for and install driver. Turned rig on and set ports and pins (DTR cw keying, all other pins hi) in Hamscope program. CW and rig control immediately worked fine, no problems with this product. 73, Ed, K5ED

KB3ORA Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2007 17:00 Send this review to a friend
You'll be sorry...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you pay more than the cost of this fantastic product! I ordered it via eBay, received it in a timely manner, plugged it into my IC7000, loaded HRD, and it just worked great! Even worked with two different types of usb-rs232 adapters without a hitch. Tried it with HRD running in a WINXP VM under Parallels on a Mac via a USB-232 adapter without any problems. Don't even think about it - just order it!

Thanks, Neil for a great product!!

K4CFS Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2007 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Works as It Should!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have four of the ZLP interfaces for 3 different Brand radios, Kenwood TS-480HX, Yaesu FT-897D, FT-1000D and a Icom IC-746. All of them work perfect the first time. I do not understand why anyone would give less than a 5 for a problem with there set-up or the computer they used is not good enough! Please know that with this product as with anything with computer interface YOU must have the setting correct or have a good enough computer. If you have a computer that does not have enough power use a Powered serial to USB adapter and Plug it into a POWERED USB HUB, it will work! These interfaces work the first time IF you have your part of the hook up done correctly. I highly recommend them! 73's