Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces Help

Reviews Summary for G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces
G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces Reviews: 51 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $25.00
Description: Inexpensive CAT interfaces for Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood rigs.
More info: http://g4zlp.ham-radio.ch/

You can write your own review of the G4ZLP Electronics CAT interfaces.

M3SKF Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2005 07:58 Send this review to a friend
THE WAY TO GO  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great interface i use it for rig control of Icom IC-718 works fine on my Ham Radio Deluxe prog..Very well made fast delv..service the price is just a give away.Recommended product.

G6FOP Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2005 00:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent CIV Interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of Neil's CIV for over a year now, and I cannot recommended the product and Neil to you enough. The interface was originally bought for use with an IC-718 and now is used with MY IC-7400.

Neil's Customer service when I purchased the unit was second to none. He even repaired it when I mangled it foc. The interface has been fault less and works with every Han program I've thrown at it.

Buy one you will not regret it

G6DLJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2004 04:51 Send this review to a friend
10 out of 10!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I made a few bob on eBay of late and decided for once to actually 'buy' a piece of kit rather than make it (l-a-z-y eh...)

I bought both the CAT interface and the Soundcard interface from Neil and am very pleased. The Soundcard interface is noticeably cheaper than the various RigBlaster & Signal-Link interfaces yet maintains a similar degree of electrical isolation and compatibility. I would strongly recommend you purchase the deluxe version with the Com port PTT as not many rigs seem to have VOX avail on their data sockets. In any event using VOX with a Soundcard interface in my book really demands a separate sound card unless you happy to announce to the world and his dog that 'You have New Mail'!!!

Neil's after-sales service is 100% too, I ordered the wrong interface and he was happy to change it no questions asked turning it around the same day.

The CAT interface works flawlessly with my FT-840, doesn't require a separate power supply like some interfaces and is a proper surface mount board, not just a couple transistors glued in to a D shell.

The icing on the cake of course is 'made in England'...

SWL-I3-2551 Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2004 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Why to save ago well and the content pockets son!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all,
in the course of the years I have had several interfaces homemade that they worked with satisfactory turns out to you, acquiring a frg9600 used I have had together one of these and me they are not separated, then when I have then I have taken a kenwood then I have tried on Internet book reviews of this and fortunately I have found an announcement on e.b.a.y and of it I have taken to a pair one for the Kenwood and the other for small 706MKII, optimal, all unexceptionable, technology SMD economic price and work some without many problems with piu the diffuse free programs (in the cd that the interface have arrived me with) and those delux to payment. Never moneies better expenses, happily connected to portable IBM of which 2 with converter usb PS ham radio deluxe: so free so good

WA2JJH Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2004 22:32 Send this review to a friend
It does it all!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got one for my ts-850 and ft-100D. All features on screen. Works with radio shak USB-2 to rs-232 adaptor.

CD has just about every rig on it, that has an rs-232.

Worth every cent. They prewire the connectors for your rig free of charge.

I want to run my ts-850, ft-100, and ten tec pegasus all at the same time. I will have to see if this is do-able.

The software pakage is a blast!

GI0HWO Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2004 14:32 Send this review to a friend
YES  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
That's it really.
Quality, Price, Service - All 100%.
Cannot say more.

73 de John - GI0HWO

KB6GH Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2004 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Solid Construction ... Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Yaesu and Ten-Tec interface cables and both work flawlessly. Connectors are good quality and construction is first-rate. Would recommend highly as an alternative to the OEM versions which cost much more or in the case of the Ten Tec CI-V interface, is not available anymore from Ten Tec.

M0MRR Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2004 05:20 Send this review to a friend
I am very very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much looking around I saw this product on the eham reviews site. It doesn't seem to be advertised anywhere. After emailing Neil with some questions I followed his reccomendation and bought the audio interface and the cat control cable. They arrived 2 days later. To set up was more or less plug and play for my Yaesu FT-897. I have just finished making contact with a couple of European stations and am delighted to be heard. I am very pleased with the cost and service, I would reccomend this product which is supplied at a great price.

9V1PC Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2004 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Quality Product- Works Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality, low cost interface which is supplied with a useful starter CD with many programs on it. Works well with my Icom and Yaesu radios.

FB!

Peter 9V1PC

VK4APN Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2004 03:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product, great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent physical product, email support prompt. I bought the CAT C-IV interface in error so I had change the 3.5mm plug - now with a stereo / mono adapter I can program my icr3, ict90a and with the adapter cat contol my ic 820 and ic 736.