Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | HUSTLER G6-440 Help

Reviews Summary for HUSTLER G6-440
HUSTLER G6-440 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$129
Description: 6DB GAIN 440MHZ FIBERGLASS ANTENNA

You can write your own review of the HUSTLER G6-440.

KD8RYP Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2013 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna. Looks well built and is a good performer. The highest SWR I got across the 440 band was 1.2-1. I have mine side mounted to a tower.

N8EKT Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2010 11:27 Send this review to a friend
SIMPLY THE BEST!  Time owned: more than 12 months
In 1994, I ordered my first G6-440.
It arrived in a VERY heavy shipping tube that was
crushed.
I had to cut the shipping tube away to get the Hustler out!
When I did, I found that the hardwood splint that the antenna was fiberglass taped to was broken in half!
To my amazement, the G6-440 survived without a scratch!
I put the same Hustler into repeater service at a commercial tower site and 16 years later it's still working great!
Hustler antennas are simply the BEST ham grade antennas on the market!

WA2EHL Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2009 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had the G6-440 for 14 months thru all the seasons of the year.Wind,ice and heavy rain and still performs as if it were new.SWR still under 1.2. My GE master exec-2 repeater loves it.Well worth the extra $25 UPS shipping charge since it is one piece.Mounting bracket is the greatest compared to brand "D" and "C". And best of all the gain is dbd not dbi.

N1RIK Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2009 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Just works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well I don't have too much to say about this antenna except it works and the SWR is ok. I'm running it on a tree supported 45 foot mast at a fellow ham's qth for my 444.200 repeater. SWR is 1.2:1 on the transmit frequency and I have no desense. The antenna appears to be built rugged, and have had good experiences with a Hustler G7-144 for my 2 meter repeater. Coverage is decent. It may not be a DB-420 antenna, however it's cheaper and still built well. If you are going to be sneaking an antenna through a tree, this would be a great antenna to do it with due to the light weight, size, and the fact that the radials are very short so they won't get caught on branches as you extend your mast through the tree. Another local ham (KI4DH) has been running this antenna on his 442.200 repeater for sometime now without any problems. 73 ~ Bill

VE7IG Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2008 03:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repeater antenna.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna up 72 feet on top of a tower for over 5 years and it has performed flawlessly. The UHF repeater, VE7ZIG, has 50 watts out of the duplexer into 7/8th heliax feeding the antenna. The gain of this antenna far more than makes up for a 2 db insertion loss in the duplexer. The area is fully covered in most directions with a clear shot to the south of about 20 miles. I'm very happy I picked this antenna before trying any others.

KC8FZH Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2007 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Best Repeater Antenna I ever Had  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a Diamond X500HNA up for over 2yrs and had one problem after another Had to take it down for repairs 4 times in a little over two yrs.

I then switched to the Hustler G6-440 and have never looked back.

When you first look at the Hustler G6-440 you can tell its going to take the wind.

The unit does not come with cheap mounting brackets like the other "so called" repeater antenna's

The N-Connector in mounted on the side of the bowl shape Bottom so no moisture can attack this antenna's N-connector from the inside.

I have also used a friends repeater that had been using the Hustler G6-440 for years and years with no problems what so ever and thats what you want in a repeater antenna.

Even well know repeater field supervisor "Zed Roberts" stated for a single band the Hustler G6 is hard to beat for performance and wind tolerance.

AB8KD Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2007 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellant. Have used for over a year on my 440 Repeater & just  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have enjoyed this Antenna very much as it has performed over a year on my 440 repeater. no problems & at 35 feet, the range is 16-17 miles. Very happy with it.

AB8KD

N8EKT Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2004 16:31 Send this review to a friend
BUILT LIKE A TANK!  Time owned: more than 12 months
THIS ANTENNA IS BUILT TOUGHER THAN ANY OTHER HAM ANTENNA.
6DB GAIN OVER A DIPOLE