Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM Help

Reviews Summary for Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM
Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$0.55 per foot
Description: BURY-FLEXTM A Davis RF 50 ohm, 100% double shield, flexible design. Direct bury poly (not PVC) jacket, stranded center cond, LOW LOSS - 2.9 dB/100ft @ 400 MHz. Uses standard N or UHF connectors. Why pay more for LMR 400 Ultra Flex?
More info: http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm

You can write your own review of the Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM.

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2013 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff - Works as Advertised  Time owned: months
I have an underground 300' run from my shack -- including under a dirt road -- to my raised bed septic system, over which this BuryFLEX feeds my 80-meter dipole. My only rig is an Elecraft KX3, running 5 or 10 watts 95% of the time. I've gotten terrific reports with this center-fed 1/2 wave dipole. I buy all my coax from Davis RF. Great service. I use LMR-400 for my 15-, 20-, 30- and 40-meter dipoles which are closer to the shack and don't require and underground run.

VE1VOX Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2012 16:48 Send this review to a friend
4 years +  Time owned: more than 12 months
When we moved over 4 years ago I ordered Bury Flex direct from Davis RF. Great customer service and quick shipping. Buried the coax directly in the lawn to feed my Hustler BTV5. Over 4 years now not a problem. You can't beat the feedline for the price.

KA4ETV Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2012 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my order of 175' of the Davis BuryFlex. It is a quality product. The connectors were attached securely unlike some other companies products. The customer service was a real pleasure. That is a rarity these days. Gets a big thumbs up in my book. Will order more in the future.

K5GIL Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2010 12:00 Send this review to a friend
great coax, great customer service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
purchased Bury-Flex directly from Davis RF. The Customer Service Rep was great, very knowledgeable and courteous. Order was packed well, shipped fast. Bury-Flex is SO much easier to work with compared to LMR-400; can even use the standard PL-259 (Amphenol 83-1SP). Very pleased with the quality of the coax! Thanks Davis RF!

N8QS Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2010 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Cable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently, I purchased 227ft of Davis Bury Flex (and quite a few other goodies) to replace my entire feedline run. Not only is this a very low loss cable and very solid electrically, but the outer jacket is the toughest PE I've seen yet! It's TRULY a direct buriable cable and is flexible enough to use all the way up my crank-up tower, loop it for the rotor and go directly to the antenna.....no connector splices. Davis RF is a great company with high quality products and great customer service. Steve personally spent alot of time answering my questions via phone and email. Davis Bury Flex is a top quality cable. Thanks Davis RF!

K6DIL Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2010 07:00 Send this review to a friend
This is the best RG8!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I rent RF systems to TV productions. I have several thousand feet of BuryFlex cut up into 25, 50 and 100 foot lengths, used primarily between 500 MHz and 1 GHz. I used to use LMR400 Ultraflex and the BuryFlex is comparable electrically and vastly superior mechanically.

We roll the stuff up, store it for a while, then send it out again and it holds up very well. I am very pleased with the cable and with the service that Davis/Orion provides.

AB3EN Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2008 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Dog gone good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well after 6 hours my neighbor's dog (Black Lab and German Sheppard mix) managed dig under the fence to chew through the Bury-Flex and Steppir control cables. The Bury-Flex held up loner than most everything else this stupid beast has tackled. I only wish I had known he was working on the cable so I could have peaked the amp. Great product. - I'm buying another 125' and this time it goes in a PVC pipe and I will be waiting with the amp in stand-by.
Dan AB3EN

N9WW Rating: 4/5 Feb 12, 2007 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Follow-up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I purchashed a few Amphenol connectors to use with the Buryflex and all is well. The center conductor fits just fine. I do wish all connector manufactures set standards and tolerances. Not all connectors are created equal but the ones I always buy are all made in the USA and top quality. In my 28yrs in ham radio I've never made short cuts on feedline or connectors. Never have never will.

73's
Jim N9WW

W4TME Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2007 17:58 Send this review to a friend
No problems with Amphenol  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have never had a single problem soldering Amphanol connectors (N or PL259) to BuryFlex and I have installed a bunch of them. If you are going to get quality coax don't skimp on the connectors.

BTW, BuryFlex is GREAT!

KE9K Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2006 07:44 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRICE FOR TOP GRADE COAX  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 5 runs of 100ft. of this coax. I use it with UHF, VHF, and HF beam antennas, also with 2 HF wire antennas. It has a very tough outer shield and is a great low loss coax. This coax has been up for 10 years with no signs of weathering. Joe ke9k