Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM Help

Reviews Summary for Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM
Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$0.55 per foot
Description: BURY-FLEXTM A Davis RF 50 ohm, 100% double shield, flexible design. Direct bury poly (not PVC) jacket, stranded center cond, LOW LOSS - 2.9 dB/100ft @ 400 MHz. Uses standard N or UHF connectors. Why pay more for LMR 400 Ultra Flex?
More info: http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm

You can write your own review of the Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2006 15:56 Send this review to a friend
king of coax  Time owned: more than 12 months
will last 35 years outdoors,rugged dependable and super low loss.why spend 10x more on heliax.bury flex can be purchased at radio works in portsmouth virginia.Military grade coax at an affordable price.thank davis rf.

K2VI

W4USA Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2006 09:32 Send this review to a friend
The Wireman  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great products and the best customer service.
Far beyond the call of duty.

KI6LO Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2006 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Surprising excellent quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having only had this product installed for about 7 months I can't give long term life expectancy information, but I can say that BuryFlex was extremely easy to work with.

I have worked with other 'flavors' of RG/8 coax from 9913F7 to cheap stuff and some was easier than others. BuryFlex beats them all in flexibility, hence the name. I got 150' direct from Davis RF. I have appx 90 ft run from the shack to a 5el 6M yagi at 40 ft. It feeds around the rotor and directly to the match. I have not noticed any degradation in the signal due to using it in such a manner. I run approx 150W PEP on 6M and I highly doubt the BuryFlex even realizes it :)

Although the jacket appears to be very tough and resistant to extreme weather conditions, I chose not to directly bury it as I live in a area with dry rocky soil and feared it may get nicked. Rather I ran the BuryFlex and rotor cable inside 1" PVC piping from tower base to shack. After 7 months of wind blown sand, high UV exposure (CA Mojave Desert) and extreme temp ranges (below 0 to above 110 degs F) the jacket appears just like the non-installed spare cable stored in the shack, just maybe a bit dirtier.

All in all, the BuryFlex is competitively priced at around 66 cents a foot. I think if someone needs 9913 / RG/8 type coax, this should be investigated as a viable alternate source.

Gene KI6LO

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2006 13:20 Send this review to a friend
My standard  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought several stretches of this for re-cabling my antennas (replacing some RG-58 from my old cheap days!) and it's great. Not surprisingly I am getting much better performance from the radios now!

The outer jacket is durable yet you can still bend it reasonably to get throught attics, around the rotator, etc. Getting PL-259s on it is, uh, a bit challenging. Since there's not really a category for sources, I'll just say that I get all my cable and wire from The Wireman (www.thewireman.com). Flawless experience!

N4NYY Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2005 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Super !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have it in a swamp. Works as good as advertised. Better than LMR-400, because it is not as stiff.

KE6RAD Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2005 13:49 Send this review to a friend
Nice slick jacket  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had to add another 200' run to the crankup. Part goes thru ~85' of ABS conduit with a couple of angles. Was a little worried about the pull being too hard.

What surprised me, when I got to the point where I was pulling the BuryFlex by itself, was how much less friction there was, compared to pulling the rg213/u or rotor cable that was in there.

I was really impressed.

This would definitely be a plus for running a lot of cable in conduit, or adding cable to an existing conduit.

On the down side, when I was running it thru the basement, I thought I was being careful but must have caught it under a door or something while I was pulling it thru a crawlspace (complicated run). I seemed to have crunched it in one spot with some abrasion damage. Might have to splice that.

So, while it does seem rugged and flexible, you still have to watch it while installing, I think.
Just a heads up while installing, not a negative.

K1TP Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2005 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Quality product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I hahe had bury-flex cable for over 6 years in harsh New England weather and have had no problems what it. Steve-K1PEK is a great guy to deal with.....orders are shipped the same day...technical assistance anytime.....this is a great outfit to work with for all your cable and connector needs.

N1GXC Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2005 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a durable coax for field day and portable operation that had some great spec's. It would have to be very UV resistant, hold up to foot traffic and be able to handle the harsh tropical/jungle enviornment of field operation in Florida. This coax is very easy to work with. The quality inside and out is just outstanding. It appeared to be a bit stiff on the roll but unrolls flat. According to other ham reports it can be direct buried for 20 years or run through fresh or salt water! I like to operate portable from the small coastal keys and islands with my buddipole so this is the item for sea and salt. The VHF on my boat was where I first installed it. Now all my home and field line is Davis Bury-Flex. I called and spoke to them directly when I ordered. The service was excellent. The price is extremely reasonable for such a high quality product. Good bye Belden!