Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM Help

Reviews Summary for Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM
Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$0.55 per foot
Description: BURY-FLEXTM A Davis RF 50 ohm, 100% double shield, flexible design. Direct bury poly (not PVC) jacket, stranded center cond, LOW LOSS - 2.9 dB/100ft @ 400 MHz. Uses standard N or UHF connectors. Why pay more for LMR 400 Ultra Flex?
More info: http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm

You can write your own review of the Davis RF BURY-FLEXTM.

AB3EN Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2008 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Dog gone good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well after 6 hours my neighbor's dog (Black Lab and German Sheppard mix) managed dig under the fence to chew through the Bury-Flex and Steppir control cables. The Bury-Flex held up loner than most everything else this stupid beast has tackled. I only wish I had known he was working on the cable so I could have peaked the amp. Great product. - I'm buying another 125' and this time it goes in a PVC pipe and I will be waiting with the amp in stand-by.
Dan AB3EN

N9WW Rating: 4/5 Feb 12, 2007 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Follow-up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I purchashed a few Amphenol connectors to use with the Buryflex and all is well. The center conductor fits just fine. I do wish all connector manufactures set standards and tolerances. Not all connectors are created equal but the ones I always buy are all made in the USA and top quality. In my 28yrs in ham radio I've never made short cuts on feedline or connectors. Never have never will.

73's
Jim N9WW

W4TME Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2007 17:58 Send this review to a friend
No problems with Amphenol  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have never had a single problem soldering Amphanol connectors (N or PL259) to BuryFlex and I have installed a bunch of them. If you are going to get quality coax don't skimp on the connectors.

BTW, BuryFlex is GREAT!

KE9K Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2006 07:44 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRICE FOR TOP GRADE COAX  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 5 runs of 100ft. of this coax. I use it with UHF, VHF, and HF beam antennas, also with 2 HF wire antennas. It has a very tough outer shield and is a great low loss coax. This coax has been up for 10 years with no signs of weathering. Joe ke9k

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2006 15:56 Send this review to a friend
king of coax  Time owned: more than 12 months
will last 35 years outdoors,rugged dependable and super low loss.why spend 10x more on heliax.bury flex can be purchased at radio works in portsmouth virginia.Military grade coax at an affordable price.thank davis rf.

K2VI

W4USA Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2006 09:32 Send this review to a friend
The Wireman  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great products and the best customer service.
Far beyond the call of duty.

KI6LO Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2006 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Surprising excellent quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having only had this product installed for about 7 months I can't give long term life expectancy information, but I can say that BuryFlex was extremely easy to work with.

I have worked with other 'flavors' of RG/8 coax from 9913F7 to cheap stuff and some was easier than others. BuryFlex beats them all in flexibility, hence the name. I got 150' direct from Davis RF. I have appx 90 ft run from the shack to a 5el 6M yagi at 40 ft. It feeds around the rotor and directly to the match. I have not noticed any degradation in the signal due to using it in such a manner. I run approx 150W PEP on 6M and I highly doubt the BuryFlex even realizes it :)

Although the jacket appears to be very tough and resistant to extreme weather conditions, I chose not to directly bury it as I live in a area with dry rocky soil and feared it may get nicked. Rather I ran the BuryFlex and rotor cable inside 1" PVC piping from tower base to shack. After 7 months of wind blown sand, high UV exposure (CA Mojave Desert) and extreme temp ranges (below 0 to above 110 degs F) the jacket appears just like the non-installed spare cable stored in the shack, just maybe a bit dirtier.

All in all, the BuryFlex is competitively priced at around 66 cents a foot. I think if someone needs 9913 / RG/8 type coax, this should be investigated as a viable alternate source.

Gene KI6LO

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2006 13:20 Send this review to a friend
My standard  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought several stretches of this for re-cabling my antennas (replacing some RG-58 from my old cheap days!) and it's great. Not surprisingly I am getting much better performance from the radios now!

The outer jacket is durable yet you can still bend it reasonably to get throught attics, around the rotator, etc. Getting PL-259s on it is, uh, a bit challenging. Since there's not really a category for sources, I'll just say that I get all my cable and wire from The Wireman (www.thewireman.com). Flawless experience!

N4NYY Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2005 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Super !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have it in a swamp. Works as good as advertised. Better than LMR-400, because it is not as stiff.

KE6RAD Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2005 13:49 Send this review to a friend
Nice slick jacket  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had to add another 200' run to the crankup. Part goes thru ~85' of ABS conduit with a couple of angles. Was a little worried about the pull being too hard.

What surprised me, when I got to the point where I was pulling the BuryFlex by itself, was how much less friction there was, compared to pulling the rg213/u or rotor cable that was in there.

I was really impressed.

This would definitely be a plus for running a lot of cable in conduit, or adding cable to an existing conduit.

On the down side, when I was running it thru the basement, I thought I was being careful but must have caught it under a door or something while I was pulling it thru a crawlspace (complicated run). I seemed to have crunched it in one spot with some abrasion damage. Might have to splice that.

So, while it does seem rugged and flexible, you still have to watch it while installing, I think.
Just a heads up while installing, not a negative.