Reviews Categories | Microphones | Astatic 575-M6 Ceramic Teardrop Help

Reviews Summary for Astatic 575-M6 Ceramic Teardrop
Astatic 575-M6 Ceramic Teardrop Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $60 new / 36 Used
Description: Ceramic hand microphone 575-M6
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Astatic 575-M6 Ceramic Teardrop.

N2MJH Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2010 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent mic. Not just for CB  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running this mic on my Kenwood TS-50s, HR2600 and tried it on my Yaesu FT-897D and have been receiving nothing more than excellent audio reports. don't believe that this should be only for 11 meters, just keep the volume control low and let the mic do the work. if you see one for sale on fleabay thats in good shape grab it up. 73's

N3TU Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2010 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I get great audio reports with this mic. If you know where I can find another one, look me up on QRZ. It has a nice nice punch through the DX and sounds natural. My audio seems to shine with that mic.

M3SKF Rating: 3/5 Nov 23, 2009 10:17 Send this review to a friend
HMM ...WELL  Time owned: more than 12 months
IVE GOT A COUPLE OF THESE MIKES AND I DO AGREE THAT THE AUDIO IS PARTICULLY GOOD.I DO HAVE SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT THE INTERNAL BUILD QUALITY OF THESE MIKES,I HAVE USED THEM ON MANY HF TRANSCEIVERS ALL WITH GOOD RESULTS.THE EXTERNAL FABRICATION IS ONE OF STRONG AND STURDY CONSTRUCTION,SO WHY DIDN'T THEY PAY ATTENTION TO THE ELECTRICAL INTERNALS OF THIS GREAT MIKE?THE ELEMENT HANGS ALMOST FREE IN THE CASING AND THE BATTERY COVER IS MADE FROM A CHEAP PIECE OF CARDBOARD WITH THE WIRED TERMINAL POORLY SOLDERED TO THE BOARD.COMBINE THIS WITH THE POOR PTT SWITCHING MECHANISM AND VERY CHEAP BIRO SPRING AND ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD.WHAT A SHAME THAT ASTAIC END PRODUCTION OF THIS CULT CLASSIC MIKE WITH POOR QUALITY CONTROL AND TACKY INTERNAL CONSTRUCTION.

31DELTA90 Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2009 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
The best sounding mobile microphone. I'll give you $100 dollars if you can find me a better sounding mobile microphone.

DV1UBY Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2009 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Great (5/5)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this microphone from 4F3PR(Bong)last year (2008). Actually I have doubts in acquiring the old mic but the first time I used it I got 59+++ audio reports from both local and distant stations. My signal became intelligible and the sudden improvement of my SSB audio gives me joy and some sort of contentment. I don't know but that's what I felt when I used the mic. I learned that this good mic was discontinued and wandering why Astatic had stopped producing this good mic. I hope in the near future, Astatic may reproduce Astatic Model 575-M6 Teardrop Microphone once again. I am satisfied with the microphone and very happy with it.

MI3LVZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2009 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Super  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three, one each for my FT101ZD,FT102 and a TS520SE, great audio reports from all. Starting to command high second hand prices!
Why oh why did Astatic stop making these little gems???

M0GAV Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2009 11:31 Send this review to a friend
"A MUST HAVE"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of these mics.One drives a ts 950sdx and the other an ic7400.The Astatic drives the radios well and the reports are always good or excellent.i have used the likes of Heil goldline and Sure, etc. but the Astatic really does the job and very well.Get one if you can! you certainly will not be disappointed.

G4HAK Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2006 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first heard one of these being used on a TS-830S and wow..it sounded superb! I now use one on my TS-530 and get great reports - Natural full sound on SSB. Real solid build as well! Really brings out the flavour of Kenwood audio!

OE504-627 Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2005 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Who needs a Heil Microphone....??  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using this handheld microphone since a few months now on a FT-1000MP. Always get great audio reports,it really "drives" the radios "COMP-Meter" when adjusted properly.You can even adjust the tone level,for a good response to your voice.Ergonomics are good,only the changing of the 9V battery could have been a bit easier (loosen 4!!! screws to change the batt is stupid!).In my opinion the best sounding mic in combination with a FT-1000MP.Forget all these equalizers & Heil stuff, this is only hype. If you want a real good sounding mic for a reasonable price (bought mine on ebay for 30 US$)go and get a Teardrop M575.If you need help wiring up this baby to your rig, let me know!

KC9FDH Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2004 02:18 Send this review to a friend
I would buy a dozen.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This thing kicks ass on CB, especially if you have mic gain. I've been a CB'er since I was 12 and I know what a good mic sounds like. This isn't even argued, if you know what you're doing with CB, you automatically have this mic, it's like unwritten law. As far as ham, I haven't used it for any applications, yet. Most of the ham rigs I have are just VHF/UHF which comes with it's own mic and keypad on it so it makes to sense to use it. On AM though, this baby is king.

I'd say this mic is the improved version of the D-104 (even though that mic has be around before I was born, lol) just because it's a nice looking microphone and the D-104 is just plain ugly. Not to mention you have external tone and volume.

A word of caution, transmitting when the radio is off (for instance you left it on you car seat in a funny position where it holds the mic key) drains the battery in a night. And if you ratchet jaw like I do on 11m, be sure you have an extra 9V in the glove box, you just might need it after a while.

73's all! -Brad