Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | electronic service pros Help

Reviews Summary for electronic service pros
Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Greg is a professional that does quality work. He loves to repair or modify the TS-830S. He did a fine job on mine for a reasonable price with a quick turn around. He modifies D104's too.
More info: http://home.comcast.net/~esprepair/

You can write your own review of the electronic service pros.

W9OSI Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2012 20:45 Send this review to a friend
RE: TS-830  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well like others on this subject I don't do reviews often but I feel I have to for my 830.
I sent in my 830 for an alignment and to have some mods done. Through the whole process communication was top notch and timely. The repair(mods) were finished quick and Greg did a wonderful job on the rig.
So much so that it makes me want to buy another 830 have him work on it instead of getting a new rig. Great job Greg and thanks for a brand new audio beast. 73 Dirk

KB5DOV Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Great, quick work!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Greg did a superb job making a silk purse out of my trusty old sow's ear DX-302 receiver! After troubleshooting a problem with the tuner he did some of the mods advertised on his website and aligned it beautifully. He even replaced the long burned-out light bulbs! His turnaround time was amazing too, especially considering that this repair took place during the holiday season. Not only was he quick but very informative throughout the process, communicating regularly via email. I am very pleased with Greg's service. He will be the first on my list whenever a piece of gear needs work.

VE3PTC Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2009 19:18 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: months
i sent my 830 to greg for repair, and it arrived with some damage. i had to source some parts, but greg was very patient, and made the repair, also fitting the replacement parts. he aligned the radio, and also done the rx/tx mods, that are described on his webpage.
im probably not using the best external speaker in the world, but the received audio is nothing short of excellent. you already know the legendary audio that the 830 has, and these modifications bring out the very best of the radio. with a professional set of headphones, its in another class !
i can honestly say it was a pleasure dealing with greg. the communication throughout was first class.
thanks to greg, my radio is back "on the air", and its just a pleasure to sit back and enjoy the full range audio, from this great old radio.
thanks a bunch greg !
best 73 de bob. ve3ptc

K4CEH Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2009 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Repair of Kenwood R-100  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My review pretty much reflects N3BIFs appraisal of Greg's fine work. I picked up an R-1000 on the auction that was very clean but pretty deaf. Greg gave me a quick run-down on what he proposed to do -- and he also gave me some very sage advice on which of the current mods/upgrades for this receiver would help and which one were unnecessary. He kept me updated on what he was doing to the set and when it would be ready. The radio came back very carefully packed for shipping and working like new. He will get my TS-450s sometime very soon. Chuck, K4CEH

N8QS Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2008 18:52 Send this review to a friend
NEW & IMPROVED TS-830!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't write many reviews but I feel compelled to write this one about Greg Weremey at Electronic Servic Pros. (d104mods.com). Last year I had Greg do some mod's to my TS-830 and I liked it so much I had him do another one. Now I have a pair of these "beauties" that sound better than any I've ever heard before. Still, (after a year from the first modified TS-830) when I listen to it it's truly unbelieveable! My favorite mod he did was the audio mod (Transmit & Receive Mod) which brings out crystal clear low's that make this radio sound AMAZING on both transmit and receive. The other mod's were great too plus he went through both of these radios and "tuned them up" to spec's and beyond. Greg is very efficient, knowledgeable, has very reasonable prices and backs up his work 100%.
If you've got a TS-830 (or other older Kenwoods, etc.) and you want to bring it back to life, you won't go wrong with Greg. He's "The Man."
Terry-N8QS

A9KW Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2006 15:18 Send this review to a friend
GREAT JOB AGAIN  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second 830s done by Greg ,Service was fast and work was as perfect as it can get.
The radio has Excellent audio ,Transmit and receive.
TOM
N9ZV

N1YHQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2005 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Ts-830s  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been associated with Gregory Weremey (ESP) for over 10 years, professionmally, and personally, he has worked on ALL my equipment, and has fixed, repaired, or made it BETTER than it was.
My Kenwood TS-830s is a fine example of what this man can do with a radio! He has also improved the audio quality of the kenwood, and it's D-104 silver eagle mike to a level, of most rigs in the top price ranges, today! I am very happy to refer any ham to Greg for service.

Guy Nickerson N1YHQ

N3BIF Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2005 22:35 Send this review to a friend
excellent communication and documentation of repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in my 830s for much needed work, I was notified when it arrived and within 24 hours I was appraised of initial findings along with photos. A complete realignment was done along with various repairs and it was on its way back within 3 days. Greg notified me when it was en route and it came back packed better than when I shipped it. I would not hesitate in using Greg again. He is also very dedicated to breathing new life into the Kenwood hybrids.

NW8W Rating: 4/5 Dec 19, 2004 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Work was completed and returned quickly, at the right price.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Emails were helpful and informative during the defining of the problems. When I need other work done, I will contact Greg again.

KA1YPK Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2004 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Nice Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast turnaround at a reasonable price. He made my 830S perform like a $2000 2004 rig. If I find a reasonable used D104 he will be doing his magic on it too!!