Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | ZX-Yagi Mini Beam Help

Reviews Summary for ZX-Yagi Mini Beam
ZX-Yagi Mini Beam Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $249.95
Description: Mini yagi for 10, 15 and 20 meters.
More info: http://www.qth.com/mte

You can write your own review of the ZX-Yagi Mini Beam.

N0FGK Rating: 1/5 Feb 3, 2000 23:29 Send this review to a friend
Better than my vertical...but not by much  Time owned: unknown months
I have given the zx-yagi a low score due to my initial problems with it. Out of the box it had a ridiculous swr on all bands. In order to get it down at all I had to short one of the feed points to the boom. So I had to choose to have high swr on 10, low on 15/20 or vice versa. I also had to put a longer set of screws in the driven elements to make good electrical contact. I got this advice from Roy/WA4DOU who was extremely helpfull in troubleshooting my problems.

I know there has to be some compromises on short beams. I have learned from this. The antenna does put out a signal, it does receive, I have worked Russia. So it is performing as an antenna with directivity, it works better than my vertical. I now know I have to sell my house, buy a house with 20 acres, put up a 75ft tower with stacked mono-banders :) Seriously though the antenna does work but not as well as I thought it would. I would look at other mini-beams out there or build my own next time. Ain't experience a great thing? :) (As long as you don't go broke getting it!)