Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-264 1.5Kw dry dummy load Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-264 1.5Kw dry dummy load
MFJ-264 1.5Kw dry dummy load Reviews: 14 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $65.00
Description: You get SWR below 1.3 to 650 MHz and 1.1 at 30 MHz. Handles 100 Watts for 10 minutes, 1500 Watts for 10 seconds. It has a strong lightweight aluminum construction. The MFJ-264 Dry Dummy Load measures 3Wx3Hx9D inches and comes with MFJ's famous No Matter What one year limited warranty.

IMPEDANCE: 50 OHMS VSWR: Less than 1.3:1 at less than 650 MHz
POWER DISSIPATION: 1500 Watts for less than 10 seconds -- 100 Watts for 10 minutes
FREQUENCY RANGE: 1-650 MHz; usable to 750 MHz

You can write your own review of the MFJ-264 1.5Kw dry dummy load.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2007 10:04 Send this review to a friend
no problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using it for some time I experienced no problems at all with this dummy load. It is reasonably priced compared to some of the very expensive units on the market.
W3UTD Rating: 4/5 Apr 3, 2006 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Good after fixing it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Once I opened up the case to put back screws that fell out(?) during shipping, I've had no problems with it. Max power I've run into it is 600 watts for maybe 30 seconds. It got warm but not hot.

Would have been a 5 if not for the necessity of fixing it before I used it.
WA2LTD Rating: 3/5 Jan 23, 2006 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Watch out for resistance change  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased my dummy load at a local hamfest. Connected it to my Johnson Valiant and ran it up to 100 Watts. Found the resistor changed value from a nominal 51.2 Ohms to ~ 41 after two minutes!

MFJ is going to send me a new resistor...

N5UV Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2006 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Works so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this one brand new just 3 weeks ago. Haven't given it the full kilowatt yet, but using it at 100 watts with the MFJ 969 Differential Tuner, it seems to be doing a fine job. I'll just wait for the MFJ-haters to come and post about this one. I wouldn't go to MFJ for every shack accessory (i.e. digital interface, or for low-pass filters), but for some things like tuners and such, their products are just fine.

I did find one loose screw inside the tuner...didn't appear to come off of anything on the dummy load inside the casing, probably just a spare screw they left in there. I checked all the other screws and bolts, no worries for $65.00, I can't complain.