Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1010 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1010
ACOM 1010 Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $2340 USD
Description: KW 160 - 10 m PA, 700 W PEP

Jan 2007 Note - Vine Antennas, UK agents for ACOM, have advised that their ACOM 1010 amplifiers now have a fan- noise reduction modification that reduces fan noise considerably whilst maintaing sufficient cooling of the amplifier tube

More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1010.

WA4RXC Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2011 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding amp...excellent design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchase an ACOM 1010 amplifier thru Array Solutions recently, the US distributor. First of all both Bob and Jay were a tremendous help in answering my questions before I made the commitment to buy the amp. I order the amp on Saturday and had it on Wednesday via UPS. The amp arrived well boxed but despite that the 4CX800A was dislodged from the socket even though it has a support to hold it in place. I advise Array Solutions that they should ship the tube separately and have the buyer install it. The amp is well designed and extremely ruggedized.; a very impressive ergonomic design. The amp tunes quickly (less than 10 seconds) and is extremely easy to operate. In my opinion, as compared to other amps, the best on the market. ACOM has done an outstanding job on the design. A welcome addition to the shack. BTWno issues with driving it with a TS 590 as noted on the Array Solutions webpage.
Mike DeZego
WA4RXC

DB3GF Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2011 07:38 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: more than 12 months
...just see my first review from 2009; DXing now for 18 months w/ this black box, bulletproof and battletested, go for it...

VE7MCK Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2011 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding performance/value!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Pleased to add a few notes about my new ACOM 1010 -

- the unit is a great package - small - lightweight - excellent build quality -
- exceptionally easy to set up and operate - key line and RF input only - tune for peak output, load for center LED - over a 3:1 SWR range - its that simple - and it operates cool and quiet -
- all the key parameters are well protected - and the amp will reset automatically if any is exceeded -
- the manual is excellent - Part 1 - The Basics - setup - operation - protection and service functions - Part 2 - The Rest - is on CD - and can be printed out as required - covers schematics - pcb layouts - and maintenance info - and includes 175 excellent quality pix - most with labels showing pcb layout and assembly detail -
- safety is stressed throughout - I particularly like fact the cover can be secured to cover the HV section if maintenance such as bias adjustment is required -
- I also found the ACOM 1010 to be well priced - - one of the most cost effective amps - For operators requiring an additional 250 watts/QSK/6 Meters - the popular ACOM 1000 is available - and for those who want to use 4CX250s and slightly less power - the ACOM 1011 is available! -

Overall Im impressed! - Score:- 5/5 for the ACOM 1010 - 5/5 for ACOM support!

DL1OLI Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2010 01:43 Send this review to a friend
Good Amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After looking around to make my RTTY-Signal stronger, I was looking fir 500W RTTY, I bought the ACOM 1010 from Ron at Vine Antennas (www.vinecom.co.uk) because he was the only one who had it in stock. He was very helpful and answered all my questions with patience. The Acom 1010 was ready to use, but there was not plug on the IEC C13 power-cord because there are very differnt wallplugs in the UK and DL. But a IEC C13 cabel was located very fast, because they are very common.

The ACOM 1010 do has some noise from the fan, but it does not disturb me. It is not loud (compared th a 4CX250 amp ;) ) I like the ease of tuning up with the tri indicator. I can tune up in only seconds after a band change. One downside of the build in antenna-switch, is that it only works with the amp on. So if I want to use the TRX without amp I need to switch it on.
I do like the led bar meters. Even if they are not as precise as a analogue meter with pointer, I can see the peaks very good.

The output is exactly what I need in Germany, where 750 Watts are permitted. Even RTTY with 500 W can be done all the day.

I do not like the knobs. The "caps" for the screw are in the front and somtimes I turn the cap and not the knob. This happens often with the band-switch. But that is very minor. I seems to be build very solid. I think it is to heavy for portable use, but YMMV. I use it with 230V.

LA8KHA Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2010 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Just a great amp.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have now tried Acom 1000,Acom 1011 and Acom 1010.For me the Acom 1000 was at my opinion the best.The Acom 1010 is a litle bit better then Acom 1011 because of less noise and gives more then 800 watt.Its a keeper.

CE6AOP Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2010 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Exelent results with a Acom 1010  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Two months ago I bought my new Acom 1010, and the results are above expectations. Tunning is quite easy. Cooler ventilator noise is really low, with a solid and long lasting construction. Only good reports. So, I can only confirm all 5 rating reviews. Array Solutions did a good job sending this unit down here, with Bob always no more than one hour after at the other side of my e mails.
73s

G4DJC Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2010 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Great amp high build quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've recently bought a 1010 & apart from an initial hiccup with a dislodged valve (due to rough courier handling) which was quickly diagnosed over the phone by Ron at Vine com I have nothing but praise for it - it delivers 800W CW easily, so its really cruising at our UK legal limit of 400W. The TRI tuning system really is a dream - making the tuning process easy & foolproof.I can do a band change tune in under 10 secs, matching my Triband yagi's worst VSWR of 2.9 easily. Having the cover off to reseat the valve also gave me the chance to check out the high quality build which was pleasing to see. 73 Dick g4djc

F4DDZ Rating: 1/5 Jun 18, 2010 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Never again  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hello everyone,

What a disappointment this amp. Bought from WiMo in 2009 and after four months of use, I had tingling in the fingers and the amp was no longer regulated power. It's been three months that he left home without WiMo that we know the breakdown. He headed home for ACOM more complete control.

After sales service is much more deplorable than in WiMo Acom, they do not know where the problem

I hope that you will not have the same problem as mine.

PA7RA Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2010 03:44 Send this review to a friend
Good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello,
I have this week, a Acom 1010 linear
and this, I had an Acom 1011, but there I had problems with it so Acom Bulgaria mailed and I must say that was really fast with answers!
Acom and my local dealer did not have hard and made directly for the Acom 1011 to exchange for a new or an Acom 1010
However it is the Acom 1010 and therefore I must say I am very pleased.
okay a linear Acom perhaps expensive to buy but the service is fabulous and the output is to me more than enough for all bands 700 Watts
So for me the Acom to stay in my shack!
73 "Rien, PA7RA

W8BLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2010 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a 1010 from Array Solutions and it arrived today. UPS did not destroy it. It was very well packed and set up was a snap. The tuning TRI is just too great! I have owned Alphas, still do have 2 and many of the others out there. Fired it up, did exactly as advertised. Tuning was lightning fast and easy. If this continues I may just need to get a 2000 and dump all the Alpha stuff! More to follow after I own it a little longer