Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Cushcraft ARX-6 Ringo Ranger Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft ARX-6 Ringo Ranger
Cushcraft ARX-6 Ringo Ranger Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $109 Canadian
Description: The Cushcraft ARX-6 Ringo Ranger was developed to meet the needs of serious 6 meter FM hams. It has twice the gain of the standard AR-6.
ARX6 Specifications
Frequency: 50-54 MHz
Gain: 5.5 dBi
VSWR 2:1 Bandwidth: >4 MHz
Power: 1000 watts FM
Height: 24 Feet (7.3 m)
Ring Diameter: 13 inches (33 cm)
Mast Size: 1.5-1.75 inches (3.8-4.4 cm)
Wind Surface: 1.19 sq. feet
Connector: UHF
Weight: 7.5 Lbs (3.4 kg)

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft ARX-6 Ringo Ranger.

W4MCQ Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2006 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say enough good things about this antenna. I was lucky to find this at a hamfest about 4 years ago; brand new still in the box. Not sure why Cushcraft stopped making this antenna. I use it 99% of the time on 6 meter SSB. I find the performance to be excellent. It's a very tall antenna: 24 ft long; but it handles all the high winds with no problems. Very easy to assemble & tune. If you ever have the chance to buy one of these; don't pass it up ! You won't be disappointed. I had the AR-6 up before I got this antenna & I was very happy with it but this one has much better gain on TX & RC. All my SSB contacts are very surprised to hear that i'm using a vertical antenna on 6 SSB. That's how good it is !!