Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamong K601 Hideaway Trunk Mount Help

Reviews Summary for Diamong K601 Hideaway Trunk Mount
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $58.45
Description: Diamond's hideaway antenna mount. As easy as 1, 2, 3. The K601 hideaway mount folds antenna safely into trunk. Fully adjustable, fits most vehicles#. Black finish. Choice of SO-239 or NMO base.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/

You can write your own review of the Diamong K601 Hideaway Trunk Mount.

NQ7I Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2005 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of gear  Time owned: more than 12 months
I installed the Hideaway Trunk Mount in my 1998 ES 300 Lexus and it works perfect and as advertised. The installation was very easy and it went together like it was Lexus original equipment. When fully deployed it clears all of the required sheet metal and provides an excellent platform for my Diamond 144/440 antenna.

Lou / NQ7I

W7SAZ Rating: 0/5 Sep 24, 2004 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Did not fit my Mercedes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the K601 hideaway mount for installation on a Mercedes E-Class 1995-2002 (W210 chassis E320/420/430).

It turns out the mount requires 1.75" or less from the fender to the gasket but the E-Class spacing is more than that so the K601 will not fit this series of Mercedes. The K601 has a lot of adjustments and should work well on many cars. I wish it worked for my Mercedes but as it did not I have to give it a zero rating.

I will be selling this mount on the Classifieds section of this forum for less than I paid.

Regards,