Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen Mag Mount Help

Reviews Summary for Larsen Mag Mount
Larsen Mag Mount Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $$34.95
Description: Radiall/Larsen roof mag mount
More info: http://www.radialllarsen.com/

You can write your own review of the Larsen Mag Mount.

W5KVV Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2015 23:57 Send this review to a friend
Best mag mount on the market  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of each, one plastic base & one chrome steel base. They both work flawlessly. My plastic base model was given to me by an Elmer, & is every bit of 25 years old. Old enough it's branded Radiall/Larsen. Works like a new one. The chrome base model works as it should, no issues. I'm not a fan of mag mounts, but for quick deployment & short term use, Larsen MM's are the best out there.

KI6JJZ Rating: 2/5 Dec 1, 2009 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Model NMO-MM-R  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it mostly for roadtrips. Bought back in sept 07 and never had any problems until last weekend when I tried to remove the whip (larsen 150) from the mount and the coupler/nut was stuck to the base of the antenna. I guess it loosened from all the vibration. I screwed the coupler to the mag mount again but I used Locktite to prevent it from happening again.

N7TRZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2009 21:39 Send this review to a friend
a real powerhouse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both the square and the round versions. The square has more holding power, isn't sealed as well, but the design allows you to easily get inside for housekeeping. I use the round ones for 1/4 wave whips, the square for larger antennas. replacement rubber and surface films are available.

The only criticism I have is the use of a plated mount center on the NMO rather than all brass. Left in the weather ungreased (using silicone grease), rust spots develop. I'd prefer brass, but plated steel probably holds better when abused...

K6USI Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2004 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Model NMOMM-PL  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the NMOMM-PL, the square model. It is enclosed with a rubber cover around the edge, covered on the bottom, with 12' of coax and a PL-259 connector attached. It holds well on the roof, it's a very nice mount. I had one back in the 70's and lost it and bought over again.
In addition I find Radiall/Larsen to have very good customer support.