Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 23CM22EZA Help

Reviews Summary for M2 23CM22EZA
M2 23CM22EZA Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $149
Description: 22 element yagi. 1250 to 1300 MHz. 16 dBd
More info: http://www.m2inc.com

You can write your own review of the M2 23CM22EZA.

KB6OYA Rating: 4/5 Jun 5, 2009 01:09 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm using two 23CM22EZ antennas stacked horizontally with the M2 power divider and M2 phasing cables. The performance is excellent. The antenna phasing is easily adjustable for mirror mounting two stacked antennas for a clean looking phasing cable run. The phasing adjustment is the reason for the extra mounting hole on the driven element.

The two piece boom and flat elements is great for packing the antenna for portable use. But, the boom joint is a little wobbly. Also the mounting end of the boom with the mounting holes is very easy to crush, donít over tighten.

I donít disagree with the quality control issues on the other reviews, but because of the great performance and easy stacking, Iím rating this antenna a 4/5.

W8GTX Rating: 3/5 Feb 13, 2005 00:23 Send this review to a friend
Works, needs better construction  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It works as built. The construction wasn't the best. I modified the two piece boom as it tends to move and wobble. I didn't like the idea of it wobbling at it's connection joint for long term wear.

K6SJH Rating: 2/5 Sep 28, 2004 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Sloppy construction. Poor Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I ordered this antenna over 3 weeks ago online. After a week of waiting for an acknowledgement of my order, I emailed an inquiry. After Two more days waiting for an answer, I called and was told the antenna would ship out the next week. Finally after two more weeks the antenna was shipped. It arrived yesterday and I received an order acknowledgement today, the day after I received it.

I opened the box and was instantly disappointed in the looks of what I had received. I picked up the ďstamped out elementsĒ and received a nasty cut from the sharp edges. After reading the instruction sheet several times and still being confused, I proceeded to very carefully assemble the antenna. Hopefully avoiding another sliced finger. After trying to decipher the vague instructions on how to mount the dipole, and trying several variations, I was able to get it in the correct spot (I hope!). The antenna consists of two boom sections, with a slide on sleeve for rear mounting and a slide on sleeve to join the two boom sections together. After tightening the supplied screws, the whole thing wobbles at each sleeved section. Unless I attempt to tighten the small 6-32 screws more and possibly snapping one or more, I donít see a way to solve this problem without drilling more holes at different angles. I have not put the antenna in service yet. I sure hope it works better than it is constructed but Iím not holding my expectations very high.

Iíve heard good things about M2ís antennas, that is why I ordered this antenna, besides they were the only company I could find that manufactured a yagi for 23 cm. But, after this experience, I will build my own.