Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | MicroHam Micro Keyer Help

Reviews Summary for MicroHam Micro Keyer
MicroHam Micro Keyer Reviews: 51 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $225
Description: All in one multi mode USB interface and keyer (now includes one radio interface cable) CW/SSB & All Digital Modes
More info: http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/mk.html

You can write your own review of the MicroHam Micro Keyer.

LU5DDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2013 13:36 Send this review to a friend
exelente   Time owned: more than 12 months
realmente muy facil de configurar en mi ft-1000mp mark-v field y ahora compre en ebay otra para mi ic-756proII .. tiene una guia rapida en la web para configurar muchos programas a la ves y tener todo perfectamente controlado desde la pc y una sola interface , solo le faltaria la traduccion al español del manual .. 73s jorge LW5DW
really easy to set up on my FT-1000MP MARK-V Field and now buy one for my ebay ic-756proII .. is a quick guide on the web to configure many programs to see and have everything perfectly and controlled from a single PC interface, you just lack the Spanish translation of the manual .. Jorge 73s LW5DW

WX6V Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2011 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Solid Station Accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my Micro-Keyer at the Dayton Hamvention about 5 years ago. It has been an essential part of my station setup ever since. I use it for a lot - primarily as a cw keyer, ssb voice keyer, rtty interface, and radio-computer interface. It also keys my amplifier and my footswitch plugs into this device. Microham provides a good User's Manual that assists greatly with the setup and hookup. Yes - it was expensive, but the unit is very well built and has always performed flawlessly. The only way I'd ever part with it is to upgrade to a newer model.

PA3S Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2009 01:18 Send this review to a friend
Just The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I bought the micro keyer, I did not know what it was J. It was on a radio flea market, and so it did not cost me a lot of money at first. After I get home, I started to look on the net, en saw the reviews. Luckily the cable was right one, so I hooked it up. What a surprise it was that I could just download the latest software and firmware. As a good amateur I started experimenting at first, without reading the manual and help files. Well that is a mistake. But it is very simple to set it up with the help files. I have had the MFJ interface, and some homemade interfaces but they never seemed to do just that what I want. And you need a devise for voice keyer , digi modes, FSK, cat, cw and so on. Long and agenizing setup with every different program again.
All of this is solved with the micro keyer!
It is a shame that so many look up to the price, because on the long run it will be cheaper. And instead of trying to get things work, just enjoy the hobby. With watt ever radio you hooked up, and whatever software you are using, just click the preset tap and go. In a contest, in a DX pile up or just rag chewing . In any mode
When I changed to a other radio, I purchased the cable that go’s whit it. It cost me more than I paid for the keyer ! Now I ordered a micro keyer II, I guess it cost me more money than I intended at the flea market HI
But to me I is really worth it, and I think the people at Microham deserve it.

WA6L Rating: 4/5 Oct 8, 2007 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Truly Exceptional  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the third different interface I've owned, and it is the best by a wide, wide margin. I operate almost exclusively on CW and the digital modes, and the Micro Keyer makes all of it easy!

The CW keyer is excellent and has just about every feature you could use. Here is a hint -- get an external numeric keypad and plug it into the back of the keyer. They are cheap. I didn't figure this trick out for a year, but now I have the ability to send CW/SSB memory contents with the push of a button, loop memories, record memories from the paddle, and many other neat features. Now, even without computer control I have a full-featured memory keyer!

The Micro Keyer really sings on the digital modes. Connections are easy, isolation is great, and the performance is outstanding. I particularly like the level controls on the front of the unit that allow me to quickly adjust for the non-linear audio response you get from some transceivers.

The Micro Keyer works seamlessly with any software I throw at it. It is supported by numerous contesting and logging programs, as well as all the digital-mode and sound card software I've tried.

So, why not a '5' rating? I have two minor quibbles that may apply only to a minority of operators.

First, unlike other interfaces I have owned, you cannot move the Micro Keyer easily from one rig to another. Well you can, but you have to purchase a $60 cable for each rig. If you only have one rig, this may not be an issue for you.

Secondly, while the software support for Windows-based computers is outstanding, there is not too much available for the Mac. Some third-party software (notably MacLoggerDX) does allow you to use the Micro Keyer. But MicroHam does not provide any of the functionality that is found in the Windows version of their router program.

W0TLE Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2007 18:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Interface, Very Well Built  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used Rigbblaster Pro, I have used EZMaster and then I bought the microham MKR2+.
This should be the last unit I need to add to the station to allow me to do SO2R, and work most all modes for contesting.
Service from Joe is very prompt, and he is very helpful if you need it.
I would highly recommend this unit.

F4BWJ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2007 03:38 Send this review to a friend
Great interface- Great support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I get two pieces of this great interface. One since a couple of year or more and another for one month.
With the newest I got a problem with an audio cable a week ago. I wrote to MicroHam support because I believed that the problem came from the interface it self at the beginning. But as I found nothing on it, I decide to test the audio cable on mic jack and the matter was there. I reported to Jozef that the interface is Ok and that the matter was the audio cable. The result, I've just received a new set of audio cables shipped from Slovakia.
I can affirm that MicroHam's support is very reactive and effective. I really appreciate this kind of gesture.

Concerning the interfaces its elves, both of them are doing a great job with an IC 7400 and an IC910H from Icom and with Ham Radio Deluxe. The interface with the IC7400 permits me to drive my station via a WiFi Lan and a notebook and some other items.

They are great on digital mode too and as sound card interface between Transceiver and computer.

I just regret that no drivers are available for Linux, but it's just a detail ;).

W3WW Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2007 10:53 Send this review to a friend
I'm Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the Micro Keyer on Friday night at 5:20PM and it was at my door on Monday Morning. That is absolutely unbelievable !!

No, Joe didn't hand deliver it either !!

Less than an hour to set it up (very well documented) and have N1MM and some other logging programs up and fully functional. Most of the set up is done for you. After my last couple of attempts with other interfaces, I was about to toss in the towel and give up.

Can't say anything about the support as I have had no need for it.

Best investment yet...

73 Don

W7ZRC Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2007 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Great product and support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm impressed with MK, having owned it for several months now and using it in both CW and Phone contests. It interfaces with my old 500mhz desktop running Win98SE and my TS950SDX. I use Writelog for the logger. The MK has worked as advertised and the build quality is excellent. Software updates have been made and are easy to install.

One of the best parts is the outstanding support by Joe Subich, W4TV at MicroHam USA. Joe has always answered my email questions promptly and with excellent advice. I see his suggestions on the reflectors daily and he always has excellent constructive advice for an amazing variety of questions.

I'd buy and recommend the MicroHam products to anyhone.

Rod W7ZRC

K3NC Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2007 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Geat addition to the shack  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned 2 of these for more than 2 years, interfacing them with Icom, Tentec, Elecraft and Flex radios. The boxes have a small footprint and replace many other pieces of equipment crowding up the shack. Everything works just as you expect and the price is very reasonable, given the quality and design.

The only reason to not buy one is if you buy one of the new MK2R keyers!

WD0M Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2006 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Incredible Investment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've only recently had time to install the latest upgrade (4.0.5) to the MicroKEYER, and wow! What a great upgrade it is! Adding the DVK feature is a great value to users! Now I can get rid of the other DVKs and audio software I've used with them in the past.

The added details incorporated into the Audio Mixer, indicating sound cards, connections, and the sliders to control volume are also valuable features. I use two sound cards, so I appreciate the "Get ID" button. That certainly helps with MMTTY and other programs. Many thanks for the improved/updated owners manual.

The MicroHAM MicroKEYER is the best investment I've made in a station accessory - ever! Congratulations to Jozef, Joe and the entire MicroHAM team for their incredible customer support and service! It's so nice not to have bought an item that is out of date as soon as you plug it in and the company keeps adding features long after you've purchased it!

I can only wonder what improvements are waiting to be announced......