Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Houston Amateur Radio Supply Help

Reviews Summary for Houston Amateur Radio Supply
Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom warranty Repair Center

Closed as of Oct 31 2016.

(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Houston Amateur Radio Supply.

KE6GRN Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2016 22:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Store  Time owned: more than 12 months
I buy most of my equipment from them. Their prices are very competitive. I also use them exclusively for all my repairs. They have a fast turn around and Russell is very knowledgeable.

73's

Michele, KE6GRN

W1BG Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2015 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Perhaps a tad more $$ than I was expecting, but overall perfect repair of miniature SMD components and fast turnaround. They said 1 to 3 weeks, but they called me after only 3 business days with a completed repair. Will definitely use these guys again!

KE5CVT Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2014 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used them twice for repair of my Icom IC-2720H. Friendly, professional. They are scheduled to move into larger facility in the summer of 2014 with a station customers can operate from. With Austin Amateur Radio's owner passing away and the closure KComm in San Antonio, it's nice to see HARS hanging in there and expanding.

WD8DBY Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Houston ARS has done repair work on my TS-140 and FT-817. Excellent company to work with...reasonable pricing...fast turn around time!

AB5RM Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2011 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Everyone should do business like these folks  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom 756 PIII had a loose audio jack. My family was planning a trip to Houston for a medical appointment and summer fun. I called ahead and they said they could get it out while I was in town. Dropped the radio off at the shop, travelled on to the doctor's office and within 2 hours get a call that the radio is ready to pick up. It had to wait for the north-bound trip a couple days later, but it was fixed, the bill was reasonable, and they even chuckled when the entire car load bailed out and asked to use the restroom. I won't even let one of those kids use it at my own home!! Pleasant people. On a previous trip, I pulled up in front of the store, walked in, and the guy asks what he do for me and addresses me by name. Made me pause, but he explained he had already looked up the call my license plate and knew I was from out of town. Good business practice.

K5ECM Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2011 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Fixed what others couldn't.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an original Yaesu FT-897 in which the main board was damaged in a previous repair, and two other technicians had reported that they were unable to fix it without replacing the main board (Yaesu part cost >$800). I took it to HARS and asked them to take a look at it. They were able to repair it and rebuild the damaged traces/pads at 1/4 of the cost of the estimates by the other techs. They were fast and courteous. I would definitely recommend them for out of warranty repairs.

K5RG Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2010 09:23 Send this review to a friend
No Problem Repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Being that I think I can do everything, I hate to admit that I've used HARS three times. Once they fixed my handheld for free (its easy when you have the correct tools). I would recommend them, especially for the brands for which they are a designated service facilty. They are reasonably priced and have a good turn-around record(from my experience).

NJ0F Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2010 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I always sent my Icom rigs to Icom direct, and I recently dropped of a 756PROIII with Houston Amateur Radio for repair, as I noticed they are a Icom Authorized dealer and repair facility. Needless to say, the service was great and the turn-around time was fast.It is great to have a local dealer that can take care of repairs, as well as offer competitive prices on equipment. I will support them where I can.

WD5RP Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 19:31 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
A year ago I sent George and crew a radio for repair and the service was prompt and successful. Recently, they did a one day turn around on another repair, and Charlie even waited past normal closing time, when I called and mentioned I was stuck in Houston traffic. Their customer service ethic is unique in this day and age. I can't recommend these guys more.

W5JET Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2010 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used HARS' repair services several times and have always been a satisfied customer. George's (OWNER)years of experience and his knowledge has proved invaluable, especially when working on my old boat anchors. The most important thing besides the good work, is the billing.. It has always been fair.