Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Houston Amateur Radio Supply Help

Reviews Summary for Houston Amateur Radio Supply
Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom warranty Repair Center
More info: http://texasparadise.com/hars/

You can write your own review of the Houston Amateur Radio Supply.

KA5BHU Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2007 10:13 Send this review to a friend
TS-520SE service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some time back, I had replaced the finals and the driver but was having trouble getting everything neutralized. As a regular patient at a large Houston hospital I have to drive down from Dallas every few months. HARS is just a block off the freeway so I decided to drop the rig off and have them do the work. I told them that I couldn't pick it up until my next trip to Houston, but they still had it finished within days - and for less than what I thought they would charge. My vintage Kenwood is like new again. They are now my "go to" repair service - as well as a friendly place to stop along the way.

KE5LDO Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2007 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Never a problem. Great assistance by phone. George and Charlie and the others (don't remember all their names) are a first class operation. Customer service is a way of life. I am mobility challenged and when I took my radio for repair and MARS mods, they sent it back TRIPLE PACKED FOR VERY LITTLE EXTRA AND NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

WD5ABC Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2007 21:13 Send this review to a friend
FT-990 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem with my Yaesu FT-990 drifting, I was off the air for a couple of years and even considered replacing it because I couldn't get it straightened out. I took it to one ham shop and the guy couldn't find anything wrong, aligned it to the wrong frequency and charged me $100.00.

I took it to H.A.R.S. and George fixed it right up. I described the problem to him and he already knew what to do with it. I told him it was no rush since I had another rig, in a few weeks I was going to be in Houston and called him to tell him I'd be in town, he had it ready for me. I've been running it for several months now and it's been rock solid. The repair cost was cheaper than the other place charged me for making it worse!

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again or recommend them to anybody else.

Kerry miller
WD5ABC

WB5TTY Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2007 05:00 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Houston Amateur Radio has serviced 2 different Icom HF radios for me. Quick turn around time and great work. Resonable prices for work done. Very helpful customer service has been the norm everytime I called to make a buy or return. I would use them again.

W5TFW Rating: 0/5 Aug 1, 2007 15:50 Send this review to a friend
FT-920  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my Yaesu FT-920 to H.A.R.S. that is a mistake I'll never make again. These guys are a Joke ! You want to throw money away ! just send it to them they are not getting my busines ever Again !

W5TFW