Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CW Touch Keyer Model P2 Touch Paddles Help

Reviews Summary for CW Touch Keyer Model P2 Touch Paddles
CW Touch Keyer Model P2 Touch Paddles Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $64.50
Description: Model P2W Portable or Mobile Touch Paddles (no keyer).

Operating off an internal 9V transistor battery, the P2 is ideal for mobile or back packing applications. The output of the P2 is via a 3.5MM (1/8") stereo phone jack for any external, negative keying, electronic keyer.

Small size (3" D x 2.5" W x 1" H excluding paddles), the P2 has no internal weight and can be strapped down or hand secured for operation.
More info: http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com

You can write your own review of the CW Touch Keyer Model P2 Touch Paddles.

KG4YTL Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2006 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Sensitive, Cheap Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first paddle. Brand new, fully assembled, cost me $35 plus shipping on the internet.

It looks like you have to use it like a piano (on top of contact), but I use it like any other paddle on the sides. It is very easy to use so far and very sensitive. I really like how there are no adjustments and no springs and click clack sounds; no moving parts.

It is VERY sensitive to any touch. It has not accidently "gone off" though.

If you don't like the contacts, you can hook up some new ones by aligator clip to the original.

Possible cons -
I forget to turn the switch off when I am not using it. Not sure how long the battery will last.

Could be slightly heavier, but you shouldn't be pushing on the contacts hard.

The hook up cord comes out of the side; the back would be better I think.

On my Icom 718, I had to switch the Iambic mode to reverse to get the dah and dit on the right contact. Might be my radio or paddle!?

WB2PID Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2004 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Well built, easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got to try the full up keyer with touch paddles (Model P1) at the Boxboro convention and loved the ease of use. I bought the model P2 reviewed here which just consists of the electronic touch paddles. I have used a number of mechanical paddles over the years and find these much easier to operate with no contact spacing or tension adjustments to make. Construction is very well done - I got mine wired and tested but it is also available as a kit.