Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | ZeroFive Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for ZeroFive Antennas
ZeroFive Antennas Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Full size verticals for the low bands,30m,40m,80m,160m,Hand made from 6063-t832 tubing,12 sections from 2Inch Bottom section tapers to 1/2 at the top,Comes with base insulator and base tube.
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/

You can write your own review of the ZeroFive Antennas.

AB0JM Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2005 13:49 Send this review to a friend
SOLID, HIGHLY RECOMMEND  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased and installed the multi-band vertical antenna along with a custom base from Tom. The vertical antenna system works 10m to 160m, and I am very pleased. I paid Tom by Paypal and did not have any trouble.
Tom kept me informed of the build and delivery progress frequently. The antenna and base were made and delivered to me on my schedule. Even the shipping container reflected Tom's careful attention to detail and excellent craftsmanship.
The antenna and custom base build quality both are excellent. The base is fixed in a 12" by 4 ft concrete base I dug and poured. I used a DX Engineering Stainless Radial Plate, and an SGC-231 tuner. The antenna took about an hour to assemble and get up vertical. I put the SGC-231 tuner at the feed point on the DX Engineering Stainless Radial Plate, and I used DX Engineering pre-cut radials for 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters. I am still working on cutting the 160 meter radials.
I worked these 5 bands in the first weekend with this excellent antenna with 25 watts output. I had QSOs with 4 continents in the first 24 hours it was up. Verticals are not supposed to work in my part of the world, but I am defying the technical smart folks and am getting good signal reports with it.
This antenna and the custom base have excellent build quality. Paired with the right radial system and the SGC-231 tuner, it puts out a great signal and receives well, too.
Tom is a great resource. However, you are on your own to devise a radial system for this antenna. I used the ARRL Antenna Book as a primary reference in designing the radial system, and chose DX Engineering parts. Tom recommends elevated radials, but I cannot accomodate them at my location. I have ground radials (32 of them right now)and plan on installing more.
You need not worry about not getting personal attention nor service and build quality. Tom is great to work with, and his craftsmanship and professionalism show up everywhere.
I highly recommend ZeroFive Antennas. I am looking to design a 40m quad system later this year and have Tom build them, too.
73 Larry AB0JM
P.S Please email with questions. I will respond.

2E1RDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2005 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Well pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 43ft 10m to 160m Vertical I paid by Paypal from the UK
Tom kept me informed of progress and antenna was made and delivered to the UK in about 2 weeks
The build quality is excellent and the antenna took about 1 hour to assemble and get up on top of a 7m mast I have put a SGC-230 Tuner at the feed point and I have used a Butternut resonant Radial Kit STR-II and cut one 80m radial these slope down at around 45 deg with this I can tune 10m to 160m all bands no problem my first contact was on 40m SSB just before sundown with RA9MN, I then went to 20m psk and called CQ I got a reply from WB9VKZ in Illinois so far so good
I then tried 160m and worked 5 stations around Europe 5/9 both ways well pleased
upto 40m SSB for a listen around I then worked VP9BO 5/9 both ways then TF3GC well that was enough excitment for one night !!!
First call the next morning on 20m psk was answered by VK3KCD who gave me 579 report later that day I went to 17m and worked 5Z4DZ who was 5/9++ at the weekend I went on to 17m ssb and gave a cq call and worked JO1WKO, JA1BWT, JH1OCC, RW0CF, RW9WJ,UA9OGF, JR1GTF, KP4SQ, and UA9FU all from one session and with excellent signal both ways
I have also worked CM6FJJ, CX5BW, YV5JF, VP5VAC, all on 40m ssb and JA8GG, and TU2OJ on 20m this is a small amount of what I worked in the first week with this Antenna and 50 watts output I will do another review after a longer period
in my opinion this antenna has excellent build quality, and puts out a great signal Tom is happy to send to europe but remember you need to sort your own Radial system for this Antenna for service and build Quality I can highly recommend ZeroFive Antenna's
73 Ian 2E1RDX
P.S if anyone has any questions please email

KB9YSJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2004 19:21 Send this review to a friend
40M Vertical Big Signal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the 40m vertical on EBAY last month. I Drove to Toms house to pick up the antenna. Tom assembled the antenna,Tested it,Set the swr to 1.4 to show me how good the antenna is.I must admit, Im impressed.The antenna is very well built and puts out the BIG Siglal.