Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ZeroFive Antennas Multiband Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for ZeroFive Antennas Multiband Vertical
ZeroFive Antennas  Multiband Vertical Reviews: 107 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $469.00
Description: A Multiband vertical for 10 to 160m,41 foot tall feed with your coax or ladder line,For use with a tuner,Made from 6063 t832 AL tubing,Requires radials,5kw cw,10kw ssb pwr handling,Freestanding,Comes with base insulator and tube.
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ZeroFive Antennas Multiband Vertical.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2017 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Better than Before!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had this antenna for a while use it on 160m most of the time, called Tom an asked him how I could help 160m, his replay was add a TOP HAT, Tom gave me some Idea's. Added 3 30' radiates down about 3' from the top of the antenna, the antenna has picked up 2s units on receive, that's lots, have 130' of antenna an wire in the air after tuning SWR is flat, am picking up lots of station on 160m from about 2am till 6am AZ time, most of the station's I talk to are on 1863 and they sound closer to this QTH now.
This antenna is a winner for the small lot I have . Do have 3000' radiates under the antenna as well.............73s...........kb6hrt

WB0AOD Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2017 05:59 Send this review to a friend
43 Foot Vertical   Time owned: more than 12 months
The 43 foot, 80-10 meter ZeroFive vertical is an excellent performer. Best vertical I've used to date. The antenna is mounted 10 feet from the saltwater shoreline (seawall). I placed 4 - 10 foot ground rods spaced 8 feet apart along the seawall. The rods are in saltwater. No radials installed. I work all kinds DX with 100 watts especially grey line communication. The windy Florida WX is not a problem the antenna can handle it. I do have the tilt over base which comes in handy during hurricane and tropical storm warnings. ZeroFive has excellent customer/technical service. Follow the directions and you'll be on the air.

VE2BBC Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2017 08:35 Send this review to a friend
What a service...!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before installing my antenna, I sent an email, since it what labor day weekend, I was expecting an answer a couple of days after, I was wrong, didn't take a couple of days, but a couple of minutes.... that's a 5 stars service. Thanks I recommend this guy....VE2BBC

N2JOR Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2017 11:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality and Product Support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Antennas have been a big issue for me and been doing much research, basing some of it on feedback from EHAM. My first antenna is an inverted-L which is doing fairly well. I decided on a vertical due to the low angle of radiation, which is good for DX. I recently installed a Zero-Five 43ft ground mounted vertical with 125ft of RG213 coax. I agree with all the positive comments. Following is my feedback:
1. Fast delivery.
2. Exceedingly well packaged.
3. Quality of antenna is outstanding. Really heavy duty.
4. Instructions very clear. I misread the mounting pipe size and used a 2 inside diameter pipe. However, managed to use muffler clamps from the auto parts store that fit perfect.
5. I made calls to Tom before and after installation. He really knows his stuff, providing outstanding support.
6. So far, I have had contacts in Russia, Germany, France, Spain and as far west as California.
The quality of the product and level of support is the best.

W5MCU Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2016 12:19 Send this review to a friend
Wow!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the ZeroFive Multiband Vertical that uses the automatic tuner. I installed it in a day over my guest house. It's quite large, think giant CB base antenna with 6 long radials.

After installation, I was dying to try it out. First contact was Cuba. Second contact was Brazil from North Texas on 100 watts! During daytime on 20 meters with an Icom IC-7300.

Tom is super quick to answer questions. When I say 'super quick', I mean within the hour. I've installed the antenna 6 feet above the roof peek in the center of a 60 foot long roof ridge. The underlayment of the roof has the foil radiant barrier. I was curious if that would affect the radial plane of the antenna and if it has, it has IMPROVED it.

K8UMF Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2016 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The antenna was easy to assemble and works very well, even on 80 meters. The only negative issue is that the installer made the hole a bit too deep and the radials are at eye level.

AC8YJ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2015 23:36 Send this review to a friend
WOW!!!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Were do I start: I have the 10-80 meter 43 foot ground plane. It has 6 aluminum radials that are 130 inches long that sit about 7 feet off the ground.

1- Customer service is 2nd to none, Tom answered all my questions, gave me a ton of advice and helpful hints before I even purchased this. I called him last week about something and he was still as helpful as ever 6 months after I purchased this.

2- Easy to setup and install- Me and 1 other fellow set this up in about 40 minutes, only needed some sawhorses to set it on as we assembled it and a stepladder to put in on the pole per the instructions. It took me longer to dig the hole for the mounting pole than to assemble the antenna. I also followed these Zero Five's instructions as well , I have 150 ft of coax between the antenna and my radio and I also use a external antenna tuner. ( LDG electronic tuner)

3- I do not have room for ground radials to work all the bands I want ----this is a compromise antenna---, this antenna sits in a 30' by 30 ' area ( that's all the room I had to work with) , with the 6 aluminum radials that are 130 inches long, it takes up just about all of that space, the radials do dip to about 6 feet off the ground at the ends of them. I also have it connected to the chain link fence that surrounds the 30 by 30 area.

4- Very, very sturdy, this well built antenna is freestanding. It went down to -15f this winter and a 71 mph gust during one nasty storm. This antenna will bend in the wind, but it always comes back to straight up and down.

5- Wow does this baby work, I used to have a wire about 40 feet in a tree before this. This thing way out preforms it, I made my 1st contact on 15m to Croatia 10 minutes after getting the antenna hooked up, I only run 100 watts but I make a lot of DX on it. SWR is about 1.5 across all bands ( less on 40 and 80) with the autotuner, it creeps up to almost 2 near the top of 10M , I can use my dentron super plus instead of the autotuner to get it to about 1.5 on the upper part of 10 though so no big deal IMHO . If I want an ancillary vertical antenna in the future it will be a Zero Five.

N5TF Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Best Buy Going on Vertical  Time owned: more than 12 months
These antennas are built rugged and you get a superb rotating mount which makes lowering and raising a breeze. For the money you will find no better aluminum 43' vertical anywhere, period! If I were in the market to buy another, I would not hesitate. I have had cushcraft, fiberglass push up verticals, and this beats them all for quality, ease of maintenance, etc. Get one of these and an aluminum radial plate with stainless hardware, radial wire, a piece of 6' galvanized water pipe, a ground rod and you will be in business.

NP4GW Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Gan' Ask For a beetter vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been impressed with Tom's input concerning this antenna. Zer0-Five customer service is superb, the quality of the antenna is impressive and it is very rugged. The design of this antenna is very simple and was very easy to assemble and raise.

Although I've only had the antenna up for a few days, I've noticed that it performs much better than my inverted L. Getting into Europe has been easy even considering the poor propagation. On 40 meters it works incredibly well. I'm running a TT JUPITER barefoot and using a LDG Z-100 Tuner.

I'd recommend this antenna to anyone who needs a reliable, well built, good performing antenna.

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2015 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Tom is the best!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently had Tom modify the insulator of my Cushcraft R-5 vertical. Quick turn time, great work and excellent value. I still have his first year 43" vertical and it is still working and looking like new. It is by far the oldest antenna that I have kept. Thanks Tom...