Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Bonito Software Help

Reviews Summary for Bonito Software
Bonito Software Reviews: 17 Average rating: 1.4/5 MSRP: $$120-250
Description: Multi-mode Ham software
More info: http://www. bonito.net

You can write your own review of the Bonito Software.

DL4ZAB Rating: 0/5 Nov 8, 2014 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This software looks good, but it's registration procedure is more than worse...
One can only use this software on ONE computer; if You use your second computer for portable operations You have to register manually again with the effect of killing Your registration on Your main PC.
After manually registering the program on Your main PC with success its like Ping-Pong:
Your registration on Your /p- Netbook is voided and so on, and so on. What a Nonsense.
Also the use of a dongle belongs to the dinosaur-time of computers and blocks unnecessarily an USB-Port - no modern machine has a serial port anymore - when using the USB-to-Serial adapter.
I am not a software designer nor a computer insider, even after growing up with Sinclair ZX-81, Commodore VC-20, C64, Amiga und last, MS-DOS and Windows, but this software is very user-unfriendly.
Why is there no way to make it usable on two PC's of one and the same owner?
HRD in its latest commercial versions shows the way ...

After spending such an amount of money, it is disappointing to find this.

N2PQQ Rating: 0/5 Aug 29, 2014 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Demo will not install.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was going to buy this software to run a Perseus SDR receiver.

Spent two days trying to get it to install.
If the demo will not work.
There is no way I would buy the full product.

K2WH Rating: 0/5 May 31, 2014 17:32 Send this review to a friend
A Real POS...........  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, wish I knew about this review prior to picking up the god awful piece of crapware at Dayton 2014. The major problem I see, is the com ports and the software's inability to find your radio. After much head scratching and frustration, I uninstalled it and give up. But went back to it later and found out once uninstalled, you have to ask them to reset your code. After 4 days, this was done and I reinstalled it. After playing all day with the Com settings, the damn thing actually worked. I beautiful thing to behold. I thought I was done with it and happy to have it working. When I shut it down, I found my 3000 was not working correctly, because the software changed my menu settings, SSB, AM, FM from the front mic jack to the USB cable. I had to reset them to front mic jack. But, I was glad to have it finally working.

The next day when I booted it up, it could not find my rig again. No amount of tweaking, changing com ports or settings will make this work. It seems that I am somehow locked in a situation where it will never find my rig and I have given up again. I will send them and email for suggestions but my suggestion, if you want a social life don't buy this software instead use the money for a nice dinner with your other half.

K2WH

WB3EYB Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 18:46 Send this review to a friend
Great software but...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bonito Radiocom 6.5 is the showcase of my ham radio station. It is the most comprehensive radio control software on the market. ÖWith that said, I must say it is the worst software to start up and configure. It has caused me many hours of pain .The Germans donít think like we do so the manual seems lacking in information but all the information is there. You just have to dig for it. Stick with itÖonce you get it working, all the pain of installation is quickly forgotten.
I donít think I am using 10% of the features in the package. Every time I bring it up, I learn something new. I would like to work with other hams that are using this software. I sure could have used some moral/technical support through the install process. Please contact me by email to set up a Skype session if you want to share your learning experience. Maybe start a forum to fully explore and support this product.
Tim Shingara WB3EYB
tshing@comcast.net

N9UKE Rating: 0/5 Apr 22, 2013 16:09 Send this review to a friend
What a piece of $#it  Time owned: more than 12 months
So I bought this POS back around'02, never got it to work even after several confusing emails to there "help line", no joy. Stuck it away and forgot it. Fast forward to to the present, thought I'd give it another try, thinking folks might have figured a work around for the crappy install process, nope. Guess they figured that there newer version might trick some folks into buying it again. NOT A CHANCE!! For the love of god people AVOID the product at all costs!

KB7AZ Rating: 0/5 Jun 14, 2012 22:58 Send this review to a friend
Useless - Avoid it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The demo at Dayton looked great. The reality is different. The setup process is cumbersome. I somehow ended up with a two-radio configuration that I could not undo and I could not set the display screens to what I wanted. It kept displaying a list of shortwave broadcast stations that I did not care about in addition to the non-existent second receiver display. I called for support and never got a call back. It totally locked up my computer twice and I had to do a hardware power-off both times. The uninstall function worked, which was quite a relief. Complete waste of money.

G3UXB Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2011 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Thinking ability needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first review of this software trying to get it up and running on a win XP computer. I had quite a few problems the main one was I was using a M-Audio Delta 44 sound card a left over from my SDR-1000 usage the software would not recognize it, Dennis asked me to install team viewer to check my settings and even though it is very safe I knew it would not fix the problem as I am pretty computer savvy, my on board sound card works fine though, my next problem was CAT control, that was fixed by changing the baud rate in the software to match my radio (FT-1000MP) now it is up and running fine, just have to learn to use it, it is a little expensive but it is multi faceted if you are a real amateur operator and not afraid of trying new things this is a great piece of software, appliance operators please not apply !

FM5GB Rating: 0/5 Nov 6, 2010 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Trashware but expensive.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Could'nt use it !

After several e-mail with Bonito it became obvious that this piece of soft is'nt worth a euro or dollar.

I've never seen a computer hang that ugly with any existing software...

I won't sell the package; not being a crook.

Hands off!

W8JN Rating: 0/5 Aug 5, 2009 12:13 Send this review to a friend
it just gets worse  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
below is my original evaluation. i decided to give the boys at bonito another chance. everyone deserves a reprieve. i took out the old trusty bonito cd and had it go to the website and download the updates. it worked!!! WOW we are up and running. played with it for a while and then called it quits for a day. came back the next day and good ole' bonito went south. refused to boot up. hope the guys from bonito didn't give up their day jobs. they certainly aren't software designers
**************************************************
"my previous review of zero was incorrect. i apologize. just when you think this program cant get any worse... whammmmoooo.. i had it up and running for about a week, then kablowie!!!! it now comes on, locks itself up and then locks up the computer. this is without a doubt the worst program i have ever encountered in all my years of using a computer(more than 30). it only responds to control, alt, delete! wow...... the three a's describe this pile of horse manure. awful, atrocious and abysmal. if i could give it a negative 5 that would be to kind! icom tossed it in free with the purchase of my pcr2500. FREE was way overcharged!!!"

W4IJY Rating: 1/5 Jul 14, 2009 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Installation issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the software at Dayton 09. Have spent many hours to install withot any degree of success. The installation booklet is useless as a tit on a boar hog. Bonito's website lacks the ability to download the manuals which may/may not help one to work through the issues. After a number ofemails I refused their offer to download software to let them access my computer. A professional software engineer gave up on it too. Frankly, I do not think the software is for the average ham or faint of heart to stay away.