Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Alpha Delta DX-DD Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta DX-DD Antenna
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: 80/40 Meter Shortened Dipole Antenna
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta DX-DD Antenna.

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 12:31 Send this review to a friend
More versatile with simple mod  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna at least 25 years ago and it has always done well on 80/40, but rather narrow banded on 80/75 meters. So I removed the center coax connector and replaced it with a simple connector for balanced feedline. I chose 300 ohm window line for it because of less wind loading than the 450 ohm ladderline. Using a external tuner with 4:1 balun, I can now cover the entire 80/75 meter band with fine reports, plus I can now use the 40 meter section for all bands from 40 thru 6 meters with NO feedline loss or SWR problems. It's a well made, rugged antenna, and my modification makes it even more versatile.

KC5NWS Rating: 4/5 Jul 29, 2005 09:09 Send this review to a friend
good dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the dx-dd for a year or so and have no complaints.Works fine, very heavy duty antenna.Works 40 and 80 without a tuner and is only 82 feet long. With a tuner I worked 20 and 30meters on it, no problem.I got it because I could work 80 and 40 with no traps and no tuner.
w5wlb